Subject: rsvpte questions

From: "Hong Liao" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 15:08:53 -0500

Hi,

I have questions for the rsvpte.

1.  Can I interpret no acceptable links as unknown ip addresss in the
second ERO in the path msg sent out from Ingress,and then the InterLSR will
send out the patherr msg with error code 'Routing problem', and 'no route
available toward destination'. (draft rsvpte secion 4.7.4).  (I observed
one vendor implement this way)

or   path msg has to pass the three tests.(can some one give me the example
for the value Link-attr)

In order to be validated a link MUST pass the following three tests.
       To precisely describe the tests use the definitions in the object
       description above.  We also define
          Link-attr      A 32-bit vector representing attributes associated
                         with a link.
       The three tests are
          1.  Exclude-any
              This test excludes a link from consideration if the link
carries any
              of the attributes in the set.
              (link-attr & exclude-any) == 0
          2.  Include-any
              This test accepts a link if the link carries any of the
              attributes in the set.
              (include-any == 0) | ((link-attr & include-any) != 0)
          3.  Include-all
              This test accepts a link only if the link carries all of the
              attributes in the set.
              (include-all == 0) | (((link-attr & include-all) ^ include-
              all) == 0)
       For a link to be acceptable, all three tests MUST pass.  If the test
       fails, the node SHOULD send a PathErr message with an error code of
       "Routing Problem" and an error value of "no route available toward
       destination".

2.  In rfc 2205 appendix B, the error code 21, and sb-code 01, service
coflict, does it mean the conflict of
Thanks,
Julia

Thanks,