Subject: Re: Regarding the RSVP and LDP in same MPLS domain

From: Jean Philippe Vasseur <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 15:10:02 +0100

At 23:37 28/11/2001 -0500, Rajamanickam, Jaganbabu wrote:
>Hi,
>
>   Can we have both RSVP supporting LSR's and LDP supporting LSR's in a same
>MPLS domain

Absolutely.

Example 1: A----B----C----D----E (IP Cloud)
You can run MPLS TE between B and D if you need to, without LDP.

Example 2: A----B----C----D----E (A and D are MPLS VPN PE LSRs)
Suppose A and E are PE (Provider Edge LSR) running MPLS VPN and you have 
setup a TE tunnel between B and D. In this case you will run LDP between A 
and B, D and E and over the TE tunnel (B-D). Optionnaly you can run LDP 
between B-C-D (recommended if the TE tunnel fails in order to have an LSP 
between the PE routers).

JP.

>Jags

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 09:22:49 -0500

Yes, you can. It is actually a very interesting scenario, where you run LDP 
at the edge and RSVP-TE tunnels in the core. Application could be MPLS 
BGP VPNs,  running LDP over the TE-tunnels (targeted LDP peers) .
 
 -Rajiv