Subject: Re: MIBs and TTL

From: Thomas Nadeau <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 14:09:11 -0500

> From what I can see, none of the MPLS MIBs seem to acknowledge TTL. 
> There's a couple of issues to address:
>
>- what to do at the egress of a non-TTL capable link. (e.g. how much to 
>decrement the value). This looks like an LSR-MIB "in-segment" table issue.

         That is true, but to-date, no neither the vendors implementing 
them nor the
SPs using them one has found it necessary to add them. What would you like 
to see?

>- whether to use pipe or uniform model at an LSR ingress point
>(which looks like it hits a bunch of places, FTN, MPLS-TE and LSR).

         I don't understand what you mean by a "pipe or uniform model" above.

         --Tom

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mathematics is the supreme nostalgia of our time.

---

From: Bora Akyol <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 11:15:57 -0800

For a discussion of TTL in MPLS networks, you may want to see
draft-agarwal-mpls-ttl-01.txt.

We are planning on asking the WG to make this a WG document at this IETF.
(We have already asked on the list as well).

Bora