Subject: l2vpn doubt

From: Narasimha Swamy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 11:26:00 +0530

Hi, my question is in the context of L2VPNs(martini drafts).
Using the new FEC element defined in
draft-martini-l2circuit-trans-mpls-07.txt,  is it possible to achieve
"Single Endpoint Configuration of Emulated VCs" as explained in section 7.3
of draft-ietf-ppvpn-l2vpn-00.txt.  i.e. using this FEC element, how can
egress LSR indicate to ingress LSR, that to associate a particular
attachment VC at the ingress side with this L2VPN circuit. 
Or does the draft-martini-l2circuit-trans-mpls-07.txt draft suggests to
configure a particular L2VPN circuit at the both LSRs using same VC ID(in
which case ofcourse, "Single Endpoint Configuration of Emulated VCs" is not
possible. And i think frames can't be transfered until circuit is configured
from both LSRs).

regards
swamy.

---

From: Giles Heron <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 11:26:22 +0000

> attachment VC at the ingress side with this L2VPN circuit.

it can't.

draft-martini-l2circuit-trans-mpls requires both ends to be configured
with a matching VC ID.

> possible. And i think frames can't be transfered until circuit is configured

exactly.

BTW a proposal for extending draft-martini with single-sided signaling
is documented in draft-rosen-ppvpn-l2-signaling-00.txt.

Giles

-- 
=================================================================
Giles Heron    Principal Network Architect    PacketExchange Ltd.
ph: +44 7880 506185              "if you build it they will yawn"
=================================================================