Subject: ERO processing

From: "Sandeep S" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 19:37:39 +0000

As per my understanding whenever we get an ERO in PATH, the first node
we should look at and find it is not a local subnet on the box we should 
just discard it.

Is it necessary to it be a STRICT node rather than being a LOOSE. What are 
the possible negative parts using either one of them.

-Sandeep

======
4.3.4. Processing of the Explicit Route Object

4.3.4.1. Selection of the Next Hop

   1) The node receiving the RSVP message MUST first evaluate the first
   subobject.  If the node is not part of the abstract node described by
   the first subobject, it has received the message in error and SHOULD
   return a "Bad initial subobject" error.  If there is no first
   subobject, the message is also in error and the system SHOULD return a 
"Bad EXPLICIT_ROUTE object" error.

   6) Finally, the node replaces the first subobject with any subobject
   that denotes an abstract node containing the next hop.  This is
   necessary so that when the explicit route is received by the next
   hop, it will be accepted.

_________________________________________________________________
Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp

---

From: "Feng, Mark" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 11:58:03 -0800

It doesn't matter whether the type is loose or strict. I don't quite
understand what the second half of the question is.

- Mark

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Sandeep S [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Friday, November 16, 2001 11:38 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: ERO processing
> 
>