Subject: MPLS resource class

From: "Krishnakanth Rao" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 10:12:38 +0530

The ietf draft - draft-ietf-mpls-cr-ldp-05.txt (Constraint-Based LSP Setup using LDP) talks about the resource class . What kind of resources are indicated by this class. Could somebody explain it in detail.

Krishnakanth

---

From: Sean Crocker <[email-masked]>
Date: 23 Nov 2001 06:24:46 -0000

Krishnakanth,

>The ietf draft - draft-ietf-mpls-cr-ldp-05.txt (Constraint-Based LSP Setup using LDP) talks about the resource class . What kind of resources are indicated by this class. Could somebody explain it i…

It's simply up to the administrator what resources are indicated.  An administrator may
want different resource class values depending on bandwidth (oc12 vs oc48), something
wierder like queueing capabilities on outbound interfaces, or many other things... then LSP
ingresses can be configured to use these links or not use them depending on the values.

I don't think there is a range set aside for defined, "standard" values.  Not sure if there has
been any discussion to do so, but I suppose the aim of such would be for ease of
configuration of constrained LSPs between domains.

Also see http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2702.txt sections 6.2 and 5.6.3

Sean

>Krishnakanth
---------------------------------------
This message was sent by www.trinicom.com Webmail.

---

From: Sean Crocker <[email-masked]>
Date: 23 Nov 2001 06:24:46 -0000

Krishnakanth,

Sean