Subject: rsvp te question

From: "Hong Liao" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 11:16:12 -0500

Hi,

Can anyone answer my following two questions?

According to the spec rfc 2205, the resvtear msg has the following format:

1.  ResvTear Message> ::= <Common Header> [<INTEGRITY>]

                                         <SESSION> <RSVP_HOP>

                                         [ <SCOPE> ] <STYLE>

                                         <flow descriptor list>

             <flow descriptor list> ::= (see earlier definition)

Is it possible to have resv_confirm in the resvtear msg, for my understand
for the spec, it should not have resv_confirm in the resvtear msg.  I
observed one vendor's router send out the resvtear msg with resv_confirm.
Is it wrong to put this field in this msg or not?  or it is fine to have
this field in the msg, the neighbor should just ignore this filed or what?

2.  patherror format:

<PathErr message> ::= <Common Header> [ <INTEGRITY> ]

                                      <SESSION> <ERROR_SPEC>

                                      [ <POLICY_DATA> ...]

                                     [ <sender descriptor> ]

<sender descriptor> ::= <SENDER_TEMPLATE> <SENDER_TSPEC>

                                    [ <ADSPEC> ]

As you can see above, the sender descriptor is optional field, but if it is
present, it should have SENDER_TSPEC, is it correct if there is no
<SENDER_TSPEC> in patherr msg?   I observed one vendor's router send out
the patherr msg with <sender descriptor>, but there is only
<SENDER_TEMPLATE>, but no <SENDER_TSPEC>.

Can anyone tell me the scenario above is ok or not?

Thanks,

Julia