Subject: How are the domain administrators are planning to use E-LSPs?

From: "Choudhury, Sanjaya" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 15:53:46 -0500

Hi! I have some basic questions related to the usage of E-LSPs.
	I will appreciate, if you can help me with the following questions:

	Q1. Is any domain administrator/service provider actually using 
	(planning) to use the E-LSPs in their network ? In which cases,
	E-LSPs are more useful than L-LSPs?

	Q2. While deploying E-LSPs in the network, is the primary usage
	is limited to differentiation via the signaled DiffServ classes ? 

	OR is there practical use for reserving (and enforcing) bandwidth
	for the E-LSP  (per LSP / per PSC bandwidth specification) ?

	Currently, the DS-TE-requirement draft does not address the 
	E-LSP related requirements very clearly. Should it be updated
	with E-LSP related requirements?	
	
	Thanks,
	sanjay

---

From: "Abdul Malick" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 20:01:07 +0530

>> One advantage of using E-LSP, i think is the conservation of Labels. In
case we know that the path taken by an LSP is capable of supporting all the
required services. Then we can conserve labels by using one E-LSP to support
more than one PSC (to support the required services). In case of L-LSP we
will have to use one LSP for each PSC and hence waste more labels. Is that
right?

	>> I don't know if there is a means to signal the distribution of the BW
among different PSCs carried in an E-LSP. I think the present approach is to
use predefined distribution (configuration). Please correct me if i am
wrong.

	Thanks,
	sanjay