Subject: how to map the traffic?

From: "#ZHU YONGQING#" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 21:14:52 +0800

hi,
I have a question about mapping the traffic. When the traffic flows
arrive the ingress LSR of MPLS domain, how are they mapped into
pre-estabished LSPs? Is it an issue of traffic engineering? Does it need
any algorithm or is there any protocol about it?

Thanks a lot!

---

From: "#SHEN SHU#" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 22:23:03 +0800

Zhu YongQing,

LSP is not a container, actually there won't be any "mapping into LSP"
operation when a incoming native upper protocol packet arrives the
ingress LSR.

All LSRs along the established LSP should have already known to which
LSR to forward a packet with certain label. 
The label is sure to mean the packet belongs to a certain FEC.
The ingress LSR should keep an FEC-to-NHLFE Map (FTN) in order determine
which label should be tagged on the packet, then perform NHLFE specified
operations on the packet and forward the packet.

Please correct if I make any misunderstanding.

Best regards,
Shu SHEN

Research student
Network Technology Research Center
Nanyang Technological University, Singapore

-----Original Message-----
From: #ZHU YONGQING# 
Sent: Tuesday, November 13, 2001 9:15 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: how to map the traffic?

hi,

Thanks a lot!