Subject: RE: CSPF

From: LE ROUX Jean-Louis FTRD/DAC/LAN <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 09:15:42 +0100

Hi Sushanth

CSPF is a modified Dijkstra algorithm.
The input is the Traffic Engineering Database and the LSP constraints.
The output is an Explicit route.

Basically, Dijsktra algorithm builds a shortest path tree from a root node
(source)
Two sets are created during processing:
	PATH set: Contains links that has already been added to the SPF tree
	TENT set: Contains candidates links to be added in PATH set.

The modification for CSPF consists in pruning from TENT set, links that
can't support the constraint.
This admission control is based on the current available bandwidth of the
link (TED) and on the LSP constraints.

Many options can be added to improve the algorithm like tie breaking....

JL

-----Message d'origine-----
De : sushantm [mailto:[email-masked]]
Envoye : jeudi 14 fevrier 2002 05:58
A : [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Objet : CSPF
Importance : Haute

Hi ,

 Can anyone give me information about the CSPF algorithm for finding the
contraint based explicit route. Is the CSPF algorithm available.?

Regards,
Sushanth