Subject: -04 version

From: Yakov Rekhter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 06:22:57 -0800

Folks,

The only difference with the -03 version is the added reference
to the draft that defines the IF_ID TLV.

Yakov.
------- Forwarded Message

Date:    Tue, 19 Feb 2002 07:10:04 -0500
From:    [email-masked]
To:      IETF-Announce:;
cc:      [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mpls-crldp-unnum-04.txt

- --NextPart

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of
 the IETF.

	Title		: Signalling Unnumbered Links in CR-LDP
	Author(s)	: K. Kompella, Y. Rekhter, A. Kullberg
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mpls-crldp-unnum-04.txt
	Pages		: 6
	Date		: 18-Feb-02
	
Current signalling used by MPLS TE doesn't provide support for
unnumbered links.  This document defines procedures and extensions to
CR-LDP, one of the MPLS TE signalling protocols, that are needed in
order to support unnumbered links.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-crldp-unnum-04.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-mpls-crldp-unnum-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-crldp-unnum-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

- --NextPart
Content-Type: Multipart/Alternative; Boundary="OtherAccess"

- --OtherAccess
Content-Type: Message/External-body;
	access-type="mail-server";
	server="[email-masked]"

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID:	<[email-masked]>

ENCODING mime
FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-crldp-unnum-04.txt

- --OtherAccess
Content-Type: Message/External-body;
	name="draft-ietf-mpls-crldp-unnum-04.txt";
	site="ftp.ietf.org";
	access-type="anon-ftp";
	directory="internet-drafts"

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID:	<[email-masked]>

- --OtherAccess--

- --NextPart--

------- End of Forwarded Message

---

From: Nabil Seddigh <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 12:24:58 -0500

Yakov,

1. The IF_ID RSVP_HOP Object  format is defined in   
draft-ietf-mpls-generalized-rsvp-te-06.txt.
   However, the actual IF_ID TLV is defined in 
   draft-ietf-mpls-generalized-signaling-07.txt! So the current 
   reference in v04 is not quite accurate.

2. Also, if the unnum draft is not going to talk about error spec 
  it should reference the draft that defines the new 
  error_spec object for unnumbered links - 
  draft-ietf-mpls-generalized-rsvp-te-06.txt

Best, 
Nabil Seddigh
[email-masked]

---

From: Yakov Rekhter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 13:13:15 -0800

Nabil,

>    reference in v04 is not quite accurate.

ok, I'll add also a reference to draft-ietf-mpls-generalized-signaling-07.txt.

>   draft-ietf-mpls-generalized-rsvp-te-06.txt

please tell me where would you like to insert the reference,
and I'll add it.

Yakov.

---

From: Nabil Seddigh <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 15:33:57 -0500

Yakov,

I suggest adding a section with title error handling - between
section 6.2 and section 7. Having its own section is good as one
would typically expect a note on error handling in this kind of
a draft.  The section could indicate something  like:

 Section 7.0
 -----------
 "In order to indicate the interfaces on which a particular error
  occured, a new IF_ID ERROR_SPEC object is defined. The definitions 
  can be found in draft-ietf-mpls-generalized-rsvp-te-06.txt and
  draft-ietf-mpls-generalized-signaling-07.txt"

Also section 6.1 indicates that the LSR should return error.
However, it does not specify whether the PathErr message
will contain an existing error code or a new one to
be defined by IANA. Could you clarify.

---
Best, 
Nabil Seddigh