Subject: Doubt about Refresh reduction

From: "Sandeep B" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 23:32:06 +0000

I have a more basic question.

Ping -

Why do we need to send PATHTEAR, RESVTEAR, PATHERR, RESVERR with Msgids. 
These are all triggered messages and what purpose do they solve when we send 
these packets with msgid.

-Sandeep

_________________________________________________________________
Send and receive Hotmail on your mobile device: http://mobile.msn.com

---

From: Ping Pan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 15:48:54 -0800

If I recall correctly, at one point, we were worried about the noisy 
links, where without some sort of ack, RSVP messages may get dropped. In 
this case, having msgids for teardown and error would be nice. Depending 
on where you want to apply refresh reduction, you have the option where 
to apply msgid's. On SONET/optial links, I am not sure it's useful to 
use msgid for error and teardown messages.

2 cents,

- Ping

Sandeep B wrote:

> These are all triggered messages and what purpose do they solve when we 
> send these packets with msgid.
> 
> -Sandeep
> 
> 
>

---

From: Suresh Katukam <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 18:10:41 -0800

I think it is useful to have Message IDs for all messages. Even for 
optical/SONET links too.
If you have OF/OB, or IF/IB control channels, it is quite possible that you 
wanted to send
a refresh PATH message and then send a PATH TEAR. If you do not use message 
ids,
it is quite possible that PATH TEAR may come first and then the PATH 
message at the
other end. This would tear down and create the circuit at the other end of 
the link.

In effect, to find out of order messages.

-- Suresh

At 03:48 PM 2/13/2002 -0800, Ping Pan wrote:
>on where you want to apply refresh reduction, you have the option where to 
>apply msgid's. On SONET/optial links, I am not sure it's useful to use 
>msgid for error and teardown messages.
>
>2 cents,
>
>- Ping
>
>
>Sandeep B wrote:
>

---

From: "sushantm" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 10:27:45 +0530

Hi ,

 Can anyone give me information about the CSPF algorithm for finding the
contraint based explicit route. Is the CSPF algorithm available.?

Regards,
Sushanth