Subject: martini l2vpn doubts...

From: Narasimha Swamy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 18:21:09 +0530

1. when a PE A receives label withdrawl message from peer PE B for a 
operational VC, should PE A also withdraw vc-label to PE B for this l2fec. 
If so, should PE A send label withdrawl to peer PE B, or is this implicitly 
assumed without for PE A to send label withdrawl?
Similarly in case if PE A recieves wild-card group withdrawl frm PE B, it
may 
result in so many label withdraw msgs sent by PE A to PE B(because, all the 
labels may not come under same group-id at PE A). 

2. If there is no tunnel path from PE A to PE B, will PE A still send label
map message to PE B(as ldp session can be established eventhough there is no
tunnel path). If so, if there is tunnel from PE B to PE A, PE B may think
the vc is operational and start sending data. In this case, should PE A drop
the data or receive it?

3. In case of vlans, is it possible for different vlan-ids to be part of
same l2-fec at a PE.

regards
> swamy.