Subject: a swap in a chair for the MPLS WG

From: Scott Bradner <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 13:09:21 -0500 (EST)

Vijay Srinivasan has decided it is time to retire from the duties as
co-chair of the MPLS WG and Loa Andersson has agreed to try to fill 
Vijay's shoes.

I would like to thank Vijay for all the good work he has done to 
get us to this point in the development of MPLS - the working group
has 14 RFCs to its credit, another one in teh RFC Editor queue and
6 in front of the IESG - this represents a lot of work.

I trust that Vijay will be able to continue to be active in the work
of the working group going forward.

Scott

---

From: Vijay Srinivasan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 10:49:43 -0800

Dear All,

I also want to thank Loa for agreeing to take on this task in addition to
his many responsibilities.

In reflecting back, it is hard to believe that it has been over 5 years
since the first MPLS BoF at the December 1996 IETF in San Jose!  We've come
a long way from the days of debating ARIS and Tag Switching, to where we
have live networks that use MPLS for traffic engineering, QoS, Layer 2/3
VPNs and many other services.

I'd like to thank all of you for giving me the opportunity to be associated
with this exciting technology through its evolution.  It has been a great
pleasure and honor serving as co-chair.  Here's wishing George, Loa and
everyone involved with the MPLS WG the very best.

Look forward to seeing all of you again at an IETF meeting!

Regards,
- Vijay

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott  Bradner
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; Vijay
Srinivasan
Sent: 2/8/2002 10:09 AM
Subject: a swap in a chair for the MPLS WG

Scott