Subject: question on fast reroute

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 17:29:11 -0600

Hi

the draft-ping-rsvp-fastreroute states in section 5. "Note also that the 
backup tunnel path computation may be performed by a centralized path 
computation server or may use some distributed backup path computation 
algorithms."
Does this mean that a PRL upon receipt of a fast reroute object triggers 
the path computation server to calculate and send it the calculated 
detour path ERO or could this also mean that the ERO for the various 
detour paths are included in the RSVP PATH mesage for the working LSP ?

Thanks
Claus

Dr. Claus Bauer
Research engineer
Tellabs Research Center
One Kendall Square
Bldg. 100, Suite 121
Cambridge, MA, 02139
USA

Tel.: +1 617 577 8787
Fax.: +1 617 494 0118