Subject: unified control plane

From: "sushantm" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 20:21:34 +0530

Hi,

I have following queries.

In an unified control plane(RSVP,LMP,OSPF)
-----------------------------------------
Does the LMP protocol exchange Label information with the ajacent node.?

LMP in the correlation procedure  exchange along with TE links,the datalink
ID's.
Is Datalink Id's are the labels ?

RSVP has IF_ID RSVP_HOP object which specifies the data channel in which the
LSP is will
be established .From Where does RSVP get this data interface information.
Does it get it from LMP.?

Regards,
Sushanth

---

From: Zafar Ali <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 11:49:41 -0400

Dear sushantm,

Please see comments in-lined.

Thanks

Regards... Zafar

>In an unified control plane(RSVP,LMP,OSPF)

No,

>Is Datalink Id's are the labels ?

No, A data link may contain multiple labels. LMP does not operate at the 
label level.

>Does it get it from LMP.?

At the sender LSR, the selection of the component link in a TE Link (the 
bundled case) is a local decision or the information comes directly from 
ERO (unbundled case). However, when an LSR receives a Path message 
containing the IF_ID RSVP_HOP object with the IF_INDEX TLV, it uses an 
interface ID mapping functions (generated by using LMP or some other means) 
and the neighbor router ID to identify the unnumbered component link in 
question.

>Sushanth

===============
Zafar Ali
Cisco Systems
(734) 276-2459
100 S Main St. #200
Ann Arbor, MI 48104.
email: [email-masked]