Subject: how to request the desired bandwidth? RFC3209 section 4.7.3

From: "Hong Liao" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 12:00:22 -0400

Hi,

RFC3209 Section 4.7.3,  it says "When a new path message is considered for
admission, the bandwidth requested is compared with the bandwidth available
at the priority specified in the set up priority"

Here I want to know how to request the desired bandwidth from the path msg.
As I know, in the path message, there is one Sender Tspec object, and
inside this object, it has traffic parameters like 'token bucket rate',
'token bucket size', 'peak data rate'.......  I want to know which
parameter can be used to specify the desired bandwidth the node wants.  Or
desired BW will not be defined from this object at all?

Can someone tell me how to request the BW in the Path msg, and if it is not
available, a PathErr msg will be sent back?

Thanks in an advance.
Julia

---

From: Vasanthi Thirumalai <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 17:40:26 -0400

The 'peak data rate' is used to specify the desired bandwidth.

-Vasanthi
-----Original Message-----
From: Hong Liao [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, May 30, 2002 12:00 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: how to request the desired bandwidth? RFC3209 section 4.7.3

Hi,

Thanks in an advance.
Julia