Subject: RE: Basic LDP Question

From: Shahram Davari <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 11:39:42 -0700

> > in IP also you can do ACL.
> 
> yes, but it has its own cost/complexity.

Sure, but using LDP you are forced to run some kind of OAM, to detect
mis-config of LSRs. So nothing is gained. The cost/complexity of filtering is
replaced with cost/complexity of OAM.

-Shahram

---

From: Giles Heron <[email-masked]>
Date: 31 May 2002 20:00:27 +0000

> replaced with cost/complexity of OAM.

please let's not turn this into yet another MPLS OAM debate.

Giles

-- 
=================================================================
Giles Heron    Principal Network Architect    PacketExchange Ltd.
ph: +44 7880 506185              "if you build it they will yawn"
=================================================================