Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mpls-ttl-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 08:01:50 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: TTL Processing in MPLS Networks
	Author(s)	: P. Agarwal, B. Akyol
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mpls-ttl-01.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 13-May-02
	
This document describes TTL processing in hierarchical MPLS 
networks. TTL processing in both pipe and uniform model hierarchical 
tunnels are specified with examples for both 'push' and 'pop' cases. 
The document also complements [MPLS-DS] and ties together the 
terminology introduced in that document with TTL processing in 
hierarchical MPLS networks.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-ttl-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-mpls-ttl-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-ttl-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Shahram Davari <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 12:39:05 -0700

Bora/Puneet,

What do you mean by the following sentence?

   "We also note here that signaling treatment for TTL behavior using 
   either RSVP-TE or LDP is out of the scope of this document." 

-Shahram

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Tuesday, May 14, 2002 8:02 AM
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mpls-ttl-01.txt
> 
>

---

From: Puneet Agarwal <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 14:15:33 -0700

Hi Shahram,

Today there is no way to signal the TTL treatment of each LSP as there is no
way to signal the tunnel type (uniform, pipe etc) in RSVP-TE/CR-LDP. We just
wanted to reiterate that here.

Maybe it should be phrased differently to be more clear:

  "We also note here that signaling the LSP type (pipe/uniform model) 
   is out of the scope of this document."

Other suggestions?

-Puneet

-----Original Message-----
From: Shahram Davari [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, May 14, 2002 12:39 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mpls-ttl-01.txt

Bora/Puneet,

-Shahram

---

From: Shahram Davari <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 14:33:23 -0700

Puneet,

Looks better. And I think in general you have made a great draft.

-Shahram

> From: Puneet Agarwal [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Wednesday, May 15, 2002 5:16 PM
> To: Shahram Davari; [email-masked]