Subject: gmpls -signaling extn

From: "Ashokkp" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 14:39:50 +0530

In the GMPLS-RSVP-TE extensions
In the Label Set Procedure

??????????????
"specific labels/subchannels can be added to or excluded from a label set
via action
 zero(0)and one (1) objects respectively. Ranges of Labels/subchannels can
be added to
or excluded from a Label Set via Action two (2) and three (3) object
respectively"

---------- the above statement is not clear to me
can anybody explain me what the statement says ?
thanx in advance
ashok

***************************************************************************
This message is proprietary to Future Software Limited (FSL) 
and is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it
is addressed. It may contain  privileged or confidential information 
and should not be circulated or used for any purpose other than for 
what it is intended. 

If you have received this message in error, please notify the
originator immediately. If you are not the intended recipient,
you are notified that you are strictly prohibited from using,
copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of this message. 
FSL accepts no responsibility for loss or damage arising from 
the use of the information transmitted by this email including
damage from virus.
***************************************************************************

---

From: "Venkat Dabbara" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 17:58:22 +1000

hai ashok,

                Label set is used in the situation where an upstream wants
to put some restrictions on the label selection at the downstream
                node. With the label set object/TLV the upstream guides the
downstream to pick up a label for him from the label set or out of the label
                set which is indicated by the action type. Inwhich case the
peer recieving the label set as a part of label request has to restrict its
label selection for the upstream from the label set specfied. Again
depending on the action flag may even select label  out of the label set
specified.

                The applicability of such a restriction is indicated in same
draft or u can go through the gmpls signalling draft

                hope this helps...

regards
venkat