Subject: RFC3209

From: "No name" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 11:57:03 -0700

Hi

This questions is about the handling of "RRO too large for MTU" cases.

"If the newly added subobject causes the RRO to be too big to fit in a
Path (or Resv) message, the RRO object SHALL be dropped from the   message 
and message processing continues as normal.  A PathErr (or   ResvErr) 
message SHOULD be sent back to the sender (or receiver).  An
error code of "Notify" and an error value of "RRO too large for MTU"
is used.  If the receiver receives such a ResvErr, it SHOULD send a
PathErr message with error code of "Notify" and an error value of
"RRO notification". "

IF adding the EGRESS's IPv4 subobject to the RRO makes the RRO too large for 
MTU, will it send a RESVERR or PATHERR,
my guess is it should send a Patherror upstream.

I apologize if this has been answered before, but i put this question up 
since i couldnt find any specific discussion that answers my question.

regards

Manish

_________________________________________________________________
Chat with friends online, try MSN Messenger: http://messenger.msn.com