Subject: Re: draft-ietf-mpls-tc-mib-03.txt

From: "Thomas D. Nadeau" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 16:15:17 -0400

>I'm new to this list so I appologize if this issue has already been addressed.
>I have a minor issue with the MIB definition in draft-ietf-mpls-tc-mib-03.txt.
>It "IMPORTS transmission FROM RFC1213-MIB".
>This MIB is being written as an SMIv2 MIB (SNMPv3).
>RFC1213-MIB is an SMIv1 MIB (SNMPv1).
>SMIv2 MIBs should not import from SMIv1 MIBs if it can be avoided.
>Therefore, "transmission" should be imported from SNMPv2-SMI instead.
>Thanks.
>     Ken

         Hi Ken,

         That is correct. The newest version that is
in Mib Doctor review has the following IMPORTS
clause:

      MPLS-TC-MIB DEFINITIONS ::= BEGIN

           IMPORTS
              MODULE-IDENTITY, Unsigned32, Integer32, transmission
                 FROM SNMPv2-SMI
              TEXTUAL-CONVENTION
                 FROM SNMPv2-TC;

         It will soon be published when the other MPLS MIBs
have finished MIB doctor review.

         --Tom

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mathematics is the supreme nostalgia of our time.