Subject: IPv6 RSVP Issue

From: "Raju Venkatraman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 19:51:29 +0000

Hi All,

I was wondering whether you are aware of some socket options for IPV6 to 
intercept RSVP protocol messages with router alert option on Sun-Solaris OS. 
Any help, pointer would be appreciated.

Is there any other way to intercept RSVP IPv6 messages on Sun-Solaris?
Thanks in advance.
Raju

_________________________________________________________________
Send and receive Hotmail on your mobile device: http://mobile.msn.com

---

From: David Charlap <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 17:00:39 -0400

Raju Venkatraman wrote:
> 
> I was wondering whether you are aware of some socket options for
> IPV6 to intercept RSVP protocol messages with router alert option
> on Sun-Solaris OS.

This list's purpose is discussion of the MPLS protocols, not discussions
of specific implementations.

Your question would be better asked on a list or newsgroup dedicated to
Solaris programming, or perhaps general UNIX network programming.  The
expertise here is mostly in routers, not Solaris.

RFC 2711 defines the Router Alert option for IPv6, which is what you
need to use if you want to implement RSVP on IPv6, but it's not going to
say anything about how a particular operating system may or may not
implement it.

-- David