Subject: FW: CR LDP fast reroute - New draft( repost)

From: "Vijayanand C - CTD, Chennai." <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 18:36:30 +0530

Hello all,
I would like to know your views on the below-mentioned draft which I
submitted some time back.

Thanks in advance 
Regards,
Vijay

-----Original Message-----
From: Vijayanand C - CTD, Chennai. [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, April 11, 2002 6:20 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: CR LDP fast reroute - New draft

Hello all,
A new draft has on CR LDP fast reroute has been posted whose details are
given below. I invite your comments on this draft.

Regards,
Vijay

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: Fast Reroute Extensions to CRLDP
	Author(s)	: C. Vijayanand
	Filename	: draft-vijay-mpls-crldp-fastreroute-00.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 10-Apr-02
	
This document describes the use of CR-LDP [CRLDP] to establish 
backup LSP tunnels for local repair of LSP tunnels established by 
CR-LDP. 
This document proposes extensions to existing CR-LDP for setting up 
backup tunnels for protecting LSPs on an exclusive bandwidth basis 
or shared bandwidth basis as desired by the initiator of the tunnel 
at the head end node. Several backup segments are maintained for a 
single LSP and they are meant to provide link and node failure 
protection along various segments of the LSP. Sharing of backup 
segments across multiple LSPs is also facilitated to achieve 
scalability.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-vijay-mpls-crldp-fastreroute-00.tx
t

---

From: Curtis Villamizar <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 May 2002 09:46:50 -0400

In message <55E277B99171E041ABF5F4B1C6DDCA06049810@HARITHA>, "Vijayanand C - CT
> submitted some time back.

Vijay,

We have yet to have a customer request CRLDP therefore we have no
interest in CRLDP.  Maybe there is a rough consensus yawn.

Curtis