Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-kishan-lsp-btrace-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 07:27:08 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Label Switched Path backtrace using Multi Protocol 
                          Label Switching Label Distribution Protocol/Constraint
                          Based Label Distributed Protocol
	Author(s)	: H. Desineni, K. Avasarala
	Filename	: draft-kishan-lsp-btrace-02.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 29-May-02
	
This document describes the encoding and procedures for new Label 
Distribution Protocol (LDP) messages, the back trace message and back 
trace reply message. The back trace message is sent for an 
established Label Switched Path(LSP). The back trace message can be 
used for Label Distribution Protocol(LDP) Label Switched paths as 
well as for Constraint Based Label Switched Paths (CR-LSPs). The data 
requested is encoded into the back trace reply message. Backtrace 
mechanism described in this draft can be used for obtaining the MPLS 
topology information for a particular Forwarding Equivalence Class  
(FEC) in a Multi Protocol Label Switching (MPLS) domain.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kishan-lsp-btrace-02.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-kishan-lsp-btrace-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-kishan-lsp-btrace-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.