Subject: PHP - draft-ietf-mpls-lsr-mib-08

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 06:47:58 +0200

Hello,

When reading the <draft-ietf-mpls-lsr-mib-08>, I wonder about the 
interaction of PHP with the counters in the ifTable/ifXTable.

Should the counters for the outgoing direction (ifOutOctets, ifOutPackets 
etc.) also include
* the mpls bytes/packets for out segments using PHP and for which there is 
**no** other mpls label beneath?
* the mpls bytes/packets for out segments using PHP and for which there 
**is** another mpls label beneath?

Thanks for any clarification you can provide.

        Francis.

---

From: "Thomas D. Nadeau" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 09:36:14 -0400

>**is** another mpls label beneath?

         The outgoing counters should only include bytes/packets transmitted
with an MPLS shim header.  If you are doing PHP, you have stripped
the header at that hop and are sending the packet along as IP out that
interface (or whatever is underneath the shim header).

         --Tom

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mathematics is the supreme nostalgia of our time.