Subject: Can someone answer my question?

From: "Hong Liao" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 10:55:52 -0400

Hi,

I have question for the rsvpte.

In the rfc 2205,  in the ERROR_SPEC class, the Error Node Address ---- the
IP address of the node in which the error was detected.

Here the IP address of the node is the router id or interface IP address?

 For instance the intermediate lsr all the interfaces connected to the
router belong to that node.

Thanks in an advance.

Julia

---

From: "Senthil K. Venkatachalam" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 12:32:18 -0400

>Here the IP address of the node is the router id or interface IP address?

It could be either the IP address of the interface or the loopback address
("router address") of the router, depending on the implementation.
You can't make the assumption that it is the interface address or that it
is the "router address".

Regards,
Senthil.

---

From: "Senthil K. Venkatachalam" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 12:32:18 -0400

Regards,
Senthil.