Subject: RE: status of kompella draft

From: Justin Boon <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 16:40:02 +0100

You could try Martini:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-martini-ethernet-encap-mpls-00.txt

If you search on Kompella's latest drafts @
http://www.rfc-editor.org/cgi-bin/idsearch.pl using 
the author search string.

Hope this helps somewhat

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Woollam [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: 14 June 2002 16:14
To: [email-masked]'
Subject: status of kompella draft

Hello all,

I'm wondering if someone can tell me the status of the kompella-mpls-l2vpn
draft.  The copy I have expired in May 2001 and covers ATM and FR.  Has this
draft been updated recently (to cover Ethernet) or is there another draft I
should be looking at?
Any direction would be greatly appreciated.
	
	Thanks,

		Rob.

The contents of this email and any attachments are sent for the personal attention
of the addressee(s) only and may be confidential.  If you are not the intended
addressee, any use, disclosure or copying of this email and any attachments is
unauthorised - please notify the sender by return and delete the message.  Any
representations or commitments expressed in this email are subject to contract. 
 
ntl Group Limited

---

From: David Charlap <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 13:55:50 -0400

> I'm wondering if someone can tell me the status of the
> kompella-mpls-l2vpn draft.  The copy I have expired in May 2001
> and covers ATM and FR.  Has this draft been updated recently (to
> cover Ethernet) or is there another draft I should be looking at?

My local mirror of the draft repository says that
draft-kompella-mpls-l2vpn-03 has been replaced by
draft-kompella-ppvpn-l2vpn-00.

The latest version is draft-kompella-ppvpn-lp2vpn-01.txt, which expired
in May, 2002.

Note the name change - it has been moved to the PPVPN (Provider
Provisioned VPN) working group.  You may want to browse that working
group http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/ppvpn-charter.html to see if
Kompella's draft has been incorporated into any of the PPVPN working
group drafts.

-- David