Subject: RE: Can someone answer my question?

From: "Sanford, Bill" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 11:23:51 -0400

If you were doing OOB signalling in RSVP-TE, wouldn't this have to be the
router ID?

In draft-ietf-mpls-generalized-rsvp-te-07.txt, 8.2.1. IF_ID ERROR_SPEC
Objects:

      See [RFC2205] for a description of address, flags, error code and
      error value fields.  See [GMPLS-SIG] for a description of
      parameters and encoding of TLVs.n

In draft-ietf-mpls-generalized-signaling-08.txt, there is no mention of the
ERROR_SPEC at all.

It seems like it should be the interface IP address from the IF_ID
ERROR_SPEC nomenclature. Would OOB signalling be handled differently since
it works on router id?

Bill

-----Original Message-----
From: Hong Liao [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, June 10, 2002 10:56 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Can someone answer my question?

Hi,

I have question for the rsvpte.

In the rfc 2205,  in the ERROR_SPEC class, the Error Node Address ---- the
IP address of the node in which the error was detected.

Here the IP address of the node is the router id or interface IP address?

 For instance the intermediate lsr all the interfaces connected to the
router belong to that node.

Thanks in an advance.

Julia