Subject: Multiprotocol extensions to BGP

From: Rajesh Potti <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 16:21:14 -0400

Hi,

 What is the maximum  number of prefixes that can be included in the
MP_UNREACH_NLRI attribute of an update?  And how many prefixes
 can be send in the MP_REACH_NLRI attribute of a BGP update message?

 I looked at  RFC 2858 (Multiprotocol Extensions to BGP-4), but could
not see a limit specified.

Thanks,
Rajesh

---

From: Mathew Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 17:44:19 -0400

> Rajesh Potti <[email-masked]> [Fri, Jun 21, 2002 at 04:21:14PM -0400]:
>
>Hi,
>

<snip>

There is no explicit limit; however, the maximum size of a BGP Update
message is 4096 octets, so there _is_ a limite.  The exact number that
can be included will depend on the number of octets consumed by
other path attributes.

mrr