Subject: Doubts regarding FA-LSP

From: "M.N.V.Suryanarayana" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 20:28:12 +0530

Hi,

In case of FA-LSP, the head-end LSR originates a TE LSA corresponding
to FA. Should the tail-end LSR also originate a TE LSA corresponding
to the FA? If so, how does the tail-end LSR knows that the LSP is
a FA-LSP in case of dynamically established FA-LSPs?

In section 7.2 of draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-hierarchy-05.txt, the following
statement
is not very clear.

"The LSR does this by looking up the interface
switching capabilities of the previous hop and
the next hop in its IGP database, and comparing
them using the relation defined in   Section 7.2"

From Section 6.1, I understood that the LSR should compare the
near end ISC and far end ISC of the outgoing DC and if near end
ISC is < far end ISC then the LSR is an edge LSR. Does the above
statement imply the same.

Thanks & Regds,
Surya

***************************************************************************
This message is proprietary to Future Software Limited (FSL) 
and is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it
is addressed. It may contain  privileged or confidential information 
and should not be circulated or used for any purpose other than for 
what it is intended. 

If you have received this message in error, please notify the
originator immediately. If you are not the intended recipient,
you are notified that you are strictly prohibited from using,
copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of this message. 
FSL accepts no responsibility for loss or damage arising from 
the use of the information transmitted by this email including
damage from virus.
***************************************************************************