Subject: RSVP Graceful Restart

From: Nurit Sprecher <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 11:42:40 +0200

Hi,
I did not have the chance yet to read the draft, but I really believe there
is a need to extend the general description in the GMPL document. 
I hope that you new definition for the ERO recovery would help also to let
the Ingress LER to recover.

One more thing that I would like to see in the extension, is how graceful
restart works together with Fast Reroute Protection. Specifically the
problematic points are the MP and the PLR. Do you have any intention to
cover it as well?

Thanks in advance, Nurit.

---

From: Reshad Rahman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 20:21:27 -0400

Hi,

Yes, this will also let the ingress recover the ERO.

>problematic points are the MP and the PLR. Do you have any intention to
Regarding GR + FRR, we currently believe that an informational section 
would be sufficient, i.e. no need for protocol extensions.

Regards,
Reshad.