Subject: RE: draft-ietf-mpls-tc-mib-06a.txt

From: "Wijnen, Bert (Bert)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 16:52:09 +0200

W.r.t.
> >And if you feel that two columns are needed, then I would ask, why not
> >3 columns or maybe 4 columns. If you claim that one entry needs to
> >identify the next TeHop with both an IP address AND a AS number,
> >would one never want to be able to identify it by 
> >IP address (maybe an IPv4 AND and IPv6 address?), ASnumber, 
> >unnumbered, lspid ??? In other words, why do you have an arbitrary
> >set there.
> 
In fact, I see that you do have 3 extra columns in addition to
the TeHopAddress itself. 

See also my C-code example in other email.

Bert

---

From: "Thomas D. Nadeau" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 11:02:53 -0400

>-----Original Message-----
>From: Wijnen, Bert (Bert) [mailto:[email-masked]] 
>Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2003 10:52 AM
>To: [email-masked]'; 'Mpls (E-mail)'
>Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; 
>[email-masked]; [email-masked]; 'Joan 
>Cucchiara x302'; 'Kireeti Kompella'; [email-masked]; 
>[email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
>Subject: RE: draft-ietf-mpls-tc-mib-06a.txt
>
>
>W.r.t.

	Are you referring to?

      mplsTunnelHopIpPrefixLen        InetAddressPrefixLength,
      mplsTunnelHopAsNumber           TeHopAddressAS,
      mplsTunnelHopAddrUnnum          TeHopAddressUnnum,

	These let you discriminate that hop based 
these fields together or one at a time. You
cannot do that if you put them together into a
single union.

	--Tom