Subject: MPLS individual draft submission - MPLS WG

From: "Min Suk Sung" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 13:09:06 +0900

Dear IETF Secretariat, MPLS chairs
 
We submit an Internet-Draft: 
 
Title : Requirements for multicast service using a group label over MPLS
Author(s) : Jun Kyun Choi, et al
Filename : draft-choi-mpls-grouplable-requirement-01.txt
Pages : 18
 
Abstract
As the group communication becomes more important, the special label 
  should be allocated in support of group management and maintenance. 
  The allocation mechanism of a group label can be applied to a point-
  to-multipoint(P2MP) communication in MPLS networks. Currently used 
  label is locally significant, while this group label should be common 
  object within a single MPLS domain. 
  This document presents a set of requirements for multicast service 
  using a group label over Multiprotocol Label Switching(MPLS). It 
  identifies functional and performance capabilities required to 
  allocate a group label in master-slave network and peer to peer 
  network, which facilitates efficient and reliable group communication 
  and Quality of Service(QoS) in MPLS domain. It also identifies 
  functional capabilities required to implement convergence services 
  related to Content Distribution Network(CDN) and Virtual Private 
  Network(VPN). These capabilities can be used to provide high quality 
  and scalable service. 
  This document includes the allocation mechanism of a group label in 
  order to perform unidirectional P2MP communication.
 
Your feedback will be very much appreciated.
 
Could you give me 10 min to make a presentation?

Thanks.  
 
Min Suk Sung
 
Min Suk Sung ([email-masked])
Broadband Network Laboratory (http://bnlab.icu.ac.kr/)
Information and Communications University(ICU)
58-4 Hwa-Ahm Dong, Yusong Gu, Taejon, Korea 305-732
(Tel) +82-42-866-6104, 016-532-2969