Subject: [mpls] Communication Symposium

From: "Junaid Ahmed Zubairi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 14:49:22 -0500

Please submit papers to the following session on communication
system performance.                        ---Junaid

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Colleagues,

I would like to invite you to submit a paper (or an extended abstract) for a
special session titled "Communication Systems and Networks Performance",
which I am organizing as part of a well-known multi-conference SCI 2005 (The
9th World Multi-Conference on Systemics, Cybernetics and Informatics), to be
held July 10-13, 2005 in Orlando, Florida, USA. More information about the
conference is available at

http://www.iiisci.org/sci2005/website/default.asp

Please note that this session has been pre-approved by the conference
organizing committee and your paper or extended abstract will be peer
reviewed by researchers in your area. Also note that this session highlights
one of the major themes of the conference, namely "Communication and Network
Systems, Technologies and Applications". The best 30% of all (invited and
regular) sessions' best papers will be published in the SCI Journal.

Please submit your full paper or extended abstract via the conference web
site with a copy to me at [email-masked] following the conference
guidelines provided at the conference web site latest by December 15th,
2004. Paper on any topic related to the above-mentioned session will be
considered.

Thanks.

Shakil Akhtar, Ph.D.
Professor
College of Information Technology
UAE University
[email-masked]
http://faculty.uaeu.ac.ae/s.akhtar

_______________________________________________
mpls mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls

---

From: "Lee Garth" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 02:00:55 +0000

Hello to all:

    What if an LSR node receives a packet with a label, and the LFIB in the 
LSR doesn't have a matching entry for the label? Eg. there is no entry in 
LFIB whose incoming label is the same as the label from the receiving 
packet.

    I anticipate your kind answer. And in advance, Merry Christmas to you!

                                                                  garthdawn

_________________________________________________________________
享用世界上最大的电子邮件系统― MSN Hotmail。  http://www.hotmail.com

---

From: David Charlap <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 10:23:22 -0500

Lee Garth wrote:
> 
>    What if an LSR node receives a packet with a label, and the LFIB in 
> the LSR doesn't have a matching entry for the label? Eg. there is no 
> entry in LFIB whose incoming label is the same as the label from the 
> receiving packet.

If you receive a packet with an unknown label, you should drop the packet.

To do anything else would result in undefined behavior.

Some people have entertained the idea of popping the label in this
situation.  This is bad, because a transit switch does not know the
nature of the packet under the label.  It might not be an IP packet. The
transit switch may not have routing information to the destination
(assuming it is IP.)  If there are inner labels, the transit switch may
not be able to handle them either.  (For example, VPN-identifying labels
are usually unknown to all but the PE routers.)

-- David