Subject: [mpls] LSP ping doubts

From: "Agiwal, Manoj (Manoj)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 15:38:16 +0530

Hi ,
    I have the following doubts w.r.t to draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-07.txt .

   A )

     Section 3.3.1 Downstream 
   " X must be able to compute which LSRs could receive the packet if it was
originated
     with TTL=n+1, over which interface the request would arrive and what
     label stack those LSRs would see."

     In scenarios where inner label is exchanged by BGP , LSR control plane
signaling stack will not be knowing about the inner label ,
     it will only know about the outer label as downstream LSRs would see .

     While adding the label stack should the inner label be kept same as the
one on which echo request was received and the outer label
     information can be found from signaling stack .
     or
     Only the outer label is the only label included in the Downstream label
mapping TLV  .

   B)

     Processing of echo request  ( 4 steps mentioned in section 4.3) is done
on label stack with which echo request came .

     Should there be any verification done between the Downstream label
mapping TLV, labels and
     label stack with which echo request came and the error which needs to
be send in such a case
     is "Downstream Mapping Mismatch"

Regards ,
Manoj

_______________________________________________
mpls mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls