Subject: [mpls] LDP multicast over P2MP TE LSPs

From: "Seisho Yasukawa" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 14:20:30 +0900

Hi,

Unfortunately we did not get a chance to discuss
draft-yasukawa-mpls-ldp-mcast-over-p2mp-lsps-00.txt in the scheduled slot
in the MPLS working group.

We wanted to talk about the ways to manage label distribution for
multicast LDP LSPs that are carried within P2MP TE LSP tunnels. These
techniques are also applicable to multi-access links.

The draft is available at
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-yasukawa-mpls-ldp-mcast-over-p2mp-lsps-00.txt.
It tries to set out some of the issues and techniques that are available.
It also describes the different applicabilities of the techniques.

We feel that there are a lot of possible solution for carrying LDP
multicast LSPs within a P2MP TE LSP including "Upstream label allocation",
"Upstream label suggestion" and "Stitching". We think we should continue
the evaluation and its applicability in more detail. We plan to extend the
current draft to include more details.

Our plans and a summary of the material we already include can be seen in
the slides we were going to present. These are available at
http://www.olddog.co.uk/63/LDP-over-P2MP-rev-b.ppt

We hope that the working group will review this draft and the slides and
will send all comments to the mailing list. Please pay particular
attention to the questions and proposals in the last two slides.

Thank you,
Seisho and Adrian
_______________________________________________
mpls mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls