Subject: [mpls] RFC 4182 on Removing a Restriction on the use of MPLS Explicit NULL

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 14:43:33 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4182

        Title:      Removing a Restriction on the use of
                    MPLS Explicit NULL
        Author(s):  E. Rosen
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       September 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      7
        Characters: 14087
        Updates:    3032

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mpls-explicit-null-02.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4182.txt

The label stack encoding for Multi-protocol Label Switching (MPLS)
defines a reserved label value known as "IPv4 Explicit NULL" and a
reserved label value known as "IPv6 Explicit NULL".  Previously, these
labels were only legal when they occurred at the bottom of the MPLS
label stack.  This restriction is now removed, so that these label
values may legally occur anywhere in the stack.

This document updates RFC 3032.

This document is a product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
mpls mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls