Subject: [mpls] RFC 4781 on Graceful Restart Mechanism for BGP with MPLS

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 10:43:10 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4781

        Title:      Graceful Restart Mechanism for BGP 
                    with MPLS 
        Author:     Y. Rekhter, R. Aggarwal
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       January 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 23249
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mpls-bgp-mpls-restart-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4781.txt

A mechanism for BGP that helps minimize the negative effects on
routing caused by BGP restart has already been developed and is
described in a separate document ("Graceful Restart Mechanism for
BGP").  This document extends this mechanism to minimize the
negative effects on MPLS forwarding caused by the Label Switching
Router's (LSR's) control plane restart, and specifically by the
restart of its BGP component when BGP is used to carry MPLS labels
and the LSR is capable of preserving the MPLS forwarding state across
the restart.

The mechanism described in this document is agnostic with respect to
the types of the addresses carried in the BGP Network Layer
Reachability Information (NLRI) field.  As such, it works in
conjunction with any of the address families that could be carried
in BGP (e.g., IPv4, IPv6, etc.).  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the 
Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization 
state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is 
unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
mpls mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls