Subject: [mpls] Call and Connections

From: "Anergy Virt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 15:50:46 +0200

Hi

Can anybody explain why the call identifiers for multiple VC4 connections
differ with each other when creating an end to end connection.
For example

A ----(UNI)--- B ====== C ======D ------(UNI)-----E

In order to support the bandwidth demand in NNI layer 2 parallel VC4
connections are created between B-C and C-D. The connection between two NNI
nodes like B-C differ in their call id. Shouldn't they carry same call
identifier? Is it a bug in implementation of vendors?

cheers
an
_______________________________________________
mpls mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls

---

From: "BRUNGARD, DEBORAH A, ATTLABS" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 09:00:59 -0500

Hi,
 
Your question should be directed to ccamp. I'll forward for you and
remove the mpls list. If you are not subscribed to ccamp, you should do
it asap.
Deborah

________________________________

From: Anergy Virt [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2007 9:51 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [mpls] Call and Connections

Hi

Can anybody explain why the call identifiers for multiple VC4
connections differ with each other when creating an end to end
connection.
For example 

In order to support the bandwidth demand in NNI layer 2 parallel VC4
connections are created between B-C and C-D. The connection between two
NNI nodes like B-C differ in their call id. Shouldn't they carry same
call identifier? Is it a bug in implementation of vendors? 

cheers
an