Subject: [mpls] draft-ali-mpls-rsvp-te-no-php-oob-mapping-01.txt

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 11:48:01 +0100

Hi,

I have added the two LSP_ATTRIBUTES bit reservations to the temporary 
registry at www.olddog.co.uk/ccamp.htm

I think that your mechanism for signaling these requirements is fine, but 
you have a problem with egress nodes that do not recognise the bits or the 
whole object.

While you can check for the Null label in the PHP case if label recording is 
in use, this is by no means fool-proof. You have no mechanism to check for 
the OOB case.

Can I suggest that you use the LSP Attributes subobject in the RRO to 
provide the information you require. The absence of this object, or the 
presence with the bit clear, will indicate that the egress has not complied 
with the request.

Thanks,
Adrian 

_______________________________________________
mpls mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls

iomartmail.com (8.12.11.20060308/8.12.11) with ESMTP id
	l6TAoXjc009660; Sun, 29 Jul 2007 11:50:35 +0100
From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 11:48:01 +0100
Cc: Zafar Ali <[email-masked]>
Subject: [mpls] draft-ali-mpls-rsvp-te-no-php-oob-mapping-01.txt
Reply-To: Adrian Farrel <[email-masked]>

Hi,

I have added the two LSP_ATTRIBUTES bit reservations to the temporary 
registry at www.olddog.co.uk/ccamp.htm

I think that your mechanism for signaling these requirements is fine, but 
you have a problem with egress nodes that do not recognise the bits or the 
whole object.

While you can check for the Null label in the PHP case if label recording is 
in use, this is by no means fool-proof. You have no mechanism to check for 
the OOB case.

Can I suggest that you use the LSP Attributes subobject in the RRO to 
provide the information you require. The absence of this object, or the 
presence with the bit clear, will indicate that the egress has not complied 
with the request.

Thanks,
Adrian 

_______________________________________________
mpls mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls