Subject: [MPLS] I have two question about the Generalized PWid FEC Element in RFC4762 。

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 18:05:48 -0700

Hi all,

I have two question about the Generalized PWid FEC Element in RFC4762。

The first question:
 
Section 6.1.1 in  RFC 4762 say:
   Target Attachment Individual Identifier (TAII), Source Attachment 
   Individual Identifier (SAII): These are null because the mesh of PWs 
   in a VPLS terminates on MAC learning tables, rather than on
   individual attachment circuits.  The use of non-null TAII and SAII is
   reserved for future enhancements.

My question is ,
what dose this statement mean?
whether means that TAII and SAII is not present or 
means that TAII and SAII is present but Length field value is zero?
if it's the latter, what's the  TAII and SAII Type field value?
if it's the former, it seems to conflict with RFC 4447 section 5.3.2.
because in RFC 4447 secion 5.3.2 say,
   If a particular application does not need all three of these 
sub-elements, it MUST
   send all the sub-elements but set the length to 0 for the unused
   sub-elements.

The second question:
Section 6.1.1 in  RFC 4762 say:
   Attachment Group Identifier (AGI), Length, Value: The unique name of
   this VPLS.  The AGI identifies a type of name, and Length denotes the
   length of Value, which is the name of the VPLS.  We use the term AGI
   interchangeably with VPLS identifier.

My question is,
what's the AGI Type filed value that indicated the AGI value is VPLS name?

Thanks and Regards
Jerry king

_______________________________________________
mpls mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls