Subject: [mpls] Query on S bit in MPLS

From: saquib khan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 15:36:23 +0530

Hi All,

          I have q query regarding the S (stack) bit

         I think the S bit should be set for the first LABEL in the stack
(as its at the bottom) then for other LABELS which are pushed in the stack
the S bit should be 0

        Because while popping it will be possible to make out which is the
last label to be popped.

        So in that case for the first label only S bit will be set without
taking care wether there will be more labels in stack or not.

Thanks & regards,

Saquib

_______________________________________________
mpls mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls

---

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 13:42:03 +0100

Hi Saquib,

Nice jpeg, thanks for attaching it.

You don't ask any questions in your email so it is hard to answer. Have you 
read RFC 3032?

Maybe you need to be careful with the word "first." A stack is FILO, so 
truly the last shall be first (which might take me on to a discussion of RFC 
4041, but I will control myself).

Cheers,
Adrian