Subject: [mpls] RFC 5330 on A Link-Type sub-TLV to Convey the Number of Traffic Engineering Label Switched Paths Signalled with Zero Reserved Bandwidth across a Link

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 15:24:03 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5330

        Title:      A Link-Type sub-TLV to Convey 
                    the Number of Traffic Engineering Label 
                    Switched Paths Signalled with Zero Reserved 
                    Bandwidth across a Link 
        Author:     JP. Vasseur, Ed.,
                    M. Meyer, K. Kumaki,
                    A. Bonda
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       October 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Characters: 15730
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mpls-number-0-bw-te-lsps-12.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5330.txt

Several Link-type sub-Type-Length-Values (sub-TLVs) have been defined
for Open Shortest Path First (OSPF) and Intermediate System to
Intermediate System (IS-IS) in the context of Multiprotocol Label
Switching (MPLS) Traffic Engineering (TE), in order to advertise some
link characteristics such as the available bandwidth, traffic
engineering metric, administrative group, and so on.  By making
statistical assumptions about the aggregated traffic carried onto a
set of TE Label Switched Paths (LSPs) signalled with zero bandwidth
(referred to as "unconstrained TE LSP" in this document), algorithms
can be designed to load balance (existing or newly configured)
unconstrained TE LSP across a set of equal cost paths.  This requires
knowledge of the number of unconstrained TE LSPs signalled across a link.
This document specifies a new Link-type
Traffic Engineering sub-TLV used to advertise the number of
unconstrained TE LSPs signalled across a link.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

_______________________________________________
mpls mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls