Subject: [mpls] I-D Action:draft-ietf-mpls-cosfield-def-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 07:15:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : "EXP field" renamed to "Traffic Class field"
	Author(s)       : L. Andersson, R. Asati
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mpls-cosfield-def-05.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2008-10-17

The early MPLS documents defined the form of the MPLS Label Stack
entry.  This include a three bit field called the "EXP field".  The
exact use of this field was not defined by these documents, except to
state that it was to be "reserved for experimental use".

Although the intended use of the EXP field was as a "Class of
Service" field, it was not named the "Class of Service" (CoS) field
by these early documents because the use of such a CoS field was not
considered to be sufficiently defined.  Today a number of standards
documents define its usage as a CoS field. .

To avoid misunderstanding about how this field may be used, it has
become increasingly necessary to rename this field.  This document
changes the name of the field to the "Traffic Class field" ("TC
field".)  In doing so it also updates documents that define the
current use of the EXP this field.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-cosfield-def-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
mpls mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls

---

From: Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 23:41:48 +0200

WG,

I've republished the the draft-ietf-mpls-cosfield-def after
wg last call.

The following changes has been made:

Rajiv has been added as an author, since that is how thins
are

the former EXP field are now call Traffic Class field as per
earlier consensus

we have reserved the name T-LSP, with the same meaning as E-LSP

a lot of smaller editorial changes made

We have not change name of the file, it is still
draft-ietf-mpls-cosfield-def.

To my co-chair, this should be ready to send to the IESG :)

/Loa

[email-masked] wrote:
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> I-D-Announce mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
> Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
> or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

-- 
Loa Andersson

Principal Networking Architect
Acreo AB                           phone:  +46 8 632 77 14
Isafjordsgatan 22                  mobile: +46 739 81 21 64
Kista, Sweden                      email:  [email-masked]
                                           [email-masked]