Subject: [mpls] FW: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-enhanced-dsmap-02

From: Nitin Bahadur <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2009 19:48:01 -0800

Folks,

Here are the changes as part of the draft refresh.

1) Added return code/return-sub-code in the Detailed downstream map tlv
   So now the p2mp lsp-ping draft can use that. No need for the new sub-TLV.
2) Added new return code to indicate that LSP is stitched. Added explanatory
   text to indicate usage of the return code and processing instructions for
   the ingress node.
3) Updated IANA section

Thanks
Nitin

------ Forwarded Message
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2009 19:42:43 -0800
To: Nitin Bahadur <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-enhanced-dsmap-02

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-enhanced-dsmap-02.txt has
been successfuly submitted by Nitin Bahadur and posted to the IETF
repository.

Filename:  draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-enhanced-dsmap
Revision:  02
Title:   Mechanism for performing LSP-Ping over MPLS tunnels
Creation_date:  2009-02-01
WG ID:   mpls
Number_of_pages: 20

Abstract:
This document describes methods for performing lsp-ping traceroute
over mpls tunnels and for traceroute of stitched mpls LSPs.  The
techniques outlined in RFC 4379 are insufficient to perform
traceroute FEC validation and path discovery for a LSP that goes over
other mpls tunnels or for a stitched LSP.  This document describes
enhancements to the downstream-mapping TLV (defined in RFC 4379).
These enhancements along with other procedures outlined in this
document can be used to trace such LSPs.

The IETF Secretariat.

------ End of Forwarded Message

_______________________________________________
mpls mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls