Subject: [mpls] question about draft-ietf-mpls-p2mp-lsp-ping-07.txt.

From: guoxinchun <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2009 14:37:12 +0800

Hi, I have reviewed the MPLS P2MP LSP Ping draft, and I have a question
about this document. 

In the draft, a new TLV, P2MP Responder Identifier TLV is defined, and this
TLV is used to indicate the intended egress who responds the echo request.
Section 3.2.1 of this document specified that the P2MP Responder Identifier
TLV SHOULD contain precisely one sub-TLV, which identifies one egress node
being tested.  I have the question that why the P2MP Responder Identifier
TLV can't contain more sub-TLVs to identify more than one egress to respond
the echo request, and I think it can meet the requirement of the condition
that the ingress wants to test neither all nor single, but more than one
egress nodes at the same time.  I don't know whether I have missed
something, I haven't found such condition being mentioned by this document.
And I hope the authors give me a clarification about this question, thanks!

Regards

Xinchun Guo

Beijing Research institute

HUAWEI TECHNOLOGIES CO.,LTD

****************************************************************************
***********
This e-mail and its attachments contain confidential information from
HUAWEI, which is intended only for the person or entity whose address is
listed above. Any use of the information contained herein in any way
(including, but not limited to, total or partial disclosure, reproduction,
or dissemination) by persons other than the intended recipient(s) is
prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by
phone or email immediately and delete it!
****************************************************************************
***********