Subject: [mpls] RFC 5561 on LDP Capabilities

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 16:18:51 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5561

        Title:      LDP Capabilities 
        Author:     B. Thomas, K. Raza,
                    S. Aggarwal, R. Aggarwal,
                    JL. Le Roux
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       July 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Characters: 27901
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-capabilities-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5561.txt

A number of enhancements to the Label Distribution Protocol (LDP)
have been proposed.  Some have been implemented, and some are
advancing toward standardization.  It is likely that additional
enhancements will be proposed in the future.  This document defines a
mechanism for advertising LDP enhancements at session initialization
time, as well as a mechanism to enable and disable enhancements after
LDP session establishment.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute