Subject: [mpls] I-D Action:draft-ietf-mpls-gmpls-lsp-reroute-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 04:00:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : PathErr Message Triggered MPLS and GMPLS LSP Reroute
	Author(s)       : L. Berger, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mpls-gmpls-lsp-reroute-06.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2009-09-24

This document describes how Resource ReserVation Protocol (RSVP)
PathErr Messages may be used to trigger rerouting of Multi-Protocol
Label Switching (MPLS) and Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) point-to-point
Traffic Engineering (TE) Label Switched Paths (LSPs) without first
removing LSP state or resources.  Such LSP rerouting may be desirable
in a number of cases including, for example, soft-preemption and
graceful shutdown.  This document describes the usage of existing
Standards Track mechanisms to support LSP rerouting. In this case, it
relies on mechanisms already defined as part of RSVP-TE and simply
describes a sequence of actions to be executed. While existing
protocol definition can be used to support reroute applications, this
document also defines a new reroute-specific error code to allow for
the future definition of reroute application-specific error values.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-gmpls-lsp-reroute-06.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.