Subject: [mpls] RFC 5654 on Requirements of an MPLS Transport Profile

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 15:53:58 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5654

        Title:      Requirements of an MPLS Transport 
                    Profile 
        Author:     B. Niven-Jenkins, Ed.,
                    D. Brungard, Ed.,
                    M. Betts, Ed.,
                    N. Sprecher, S. Ueno
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       September 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      31
        Characters: 69999
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mpls-tp-requirements-10.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5654.txt

This document specifies the requirements of an MPLS Transport Profile
(MPLS-TP).  This document is a product of a joint effort of the
International Telecommunications Union (ITU) and IETF to include an
MPLS Transport Profile within the IETF MPLS and PWE3 architectures to
support the capabilities and functionalities of a packet transport
network as defined by International Telecommunications Union -
Telecommunications Standardization Sector (ITU-T).

This work is based on two sources of requirements: MPLS and PWE3
architectures as defined by IETF, and packet transport networks as
defined by ITU-T.

The requirements expressed in this document are for the behavior of
the protocol mechanisms and procedures that constitute building
blocks out of which the MPLS Transport Profile is constructed.  The
requirements are not implementation requirements.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute