Subject: [mpls] Comments on Procative CV, CC and RDI for MPLS-TP

From: Greg Mirsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 15:40:35 -0800

Dear Editors and Authors,
please find my comments and questions to the draft below.
Several formatting issues:

   - Page header of the
draft-asm-mpls-tp-bfd-cc-cv-01<http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-asm-mpls-tp-bfd-cc-cv-01.txt>still
refers to 00 version (draft-asm-mpls-tp-bfd-cc-cv-00)
   - Enumeration of figures in the text needs to be reviewed:
      - format of CC Message on p.5 is not enumerated though the very next
      one (CV/CC Message) is
      - figure enumeration restarts from #1 on p.7

Comments and questions:

   - What is the scope of uniqueness of Source MEP-ID? If MEP-ID is unique
   within Maintenance Entity (e.g. TP LSP), then why Sender's My Discriminator
   can not be used to control misconnectivity?
   - Section 3.4.1 Timer negotiation and other places refer to BFD's dynamic
   timer negotiation process. Why would not to require that the timer
   negotiation process MUST be disabled and timer values and Detect Multiplier
   either statically provisioned or signaled outside of BFD (e.g. within GMPLS
   OAM signalling)?

Regards,
Greg