Subject: [mpls] I-D Action:draft-ietf-mpls-mldp-in-band-signaling-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 15:45:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : mLDP based in-band signaling for Point-to-Multipoint and Multipoint-to- Multipoint Label Switched Paths
	Author(s)       : I. Wijnands, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mpls-mldp-in-band-signaling-00.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2010-01-18

When an IP multicast tree needs to pass through an MPLS domain, it is
advantageous to map the tree to a Point-to-Multipoint or Multipoint-
to-Multipoint Label Switched Path.  This document specifies a way to
provide a one-one mapping between IP multicast trees and Label
Switched Paths using mLDP signaling.  The IP multicast control
messages are translated into MPLS control messages when they enter
the MPLS domain, and are translated back into IP multicast control
messages at the far end of the MPLS domain.  The IP multicast control
information is coded into the MPLS control information in such a way
as to ensure that a single Multipoint Label Switched Path gets set up
for each IP multicast tree.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-mldp-in-band-signaling-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.