Subject: [mpls] Ask for comments on draft-liu-mpls-rsvp-te-gr-frr

From: Autumn Liu <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 13:57:11 -0500

Hi MPLSers,

We'd appreciate any comments and suggestions on the draft http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-liu-mpls-rsvp-te-gr-frr-00.txt.

This draft describes a mechanism to extend RSVP-TE Graceful Restart to work under conditions where FRR has occurred.

Regards,
Autumn

---

From: Greg Mirsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 15:30:52 -0800

Dear Autumn,
I would appreciate you you help me to understand the problem that your work
addresses. As I understand scenario described in Section 3 (will refer to
Fig.1) the protected LSP have failed, local repair is in use. And then
Control plane on either node R2 or on node R4 restarts. Further the documet
states the problem as "the protected LSP is not preserved" during GR
recovery. Before the GR the working LSP is R1-R2-R6-R4-R5 and it is
preserved. Correct? Do you see the problem that information about segment
R2-R3-R4 will not be preserved after GR? But that would not affect the
traffic or working path. Correct?

Regards,
Greg

On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 10:57 AM, Autumn Liu <[email-masked]>wrote:

>  Hi MPLSers,
>
> We'd appreciate any comments and suggestions on the draft *
> http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-liu-mpls-rsvp-te-gr-frr-00.txt*<http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-liu-mpls-rsvp-te-gr-frr-00.txt>
> .
>
> _______________________________________________
> mpls mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls
>
>