Subject: [mpls] Question on Link Level LDP

From: Abhishek Verma <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 05:32:10 +0530

Hi Experts,

I have the following topology:

A -- B -- C

I am running link level LDP between A, B and C and the session is
established. Now, when A wants to communicate with C (say ping),
should it send labelled packets or native IPv4? When the box A is IXIA
i see that all packets emanating from A towards C are labelled
packets. Is this correct?

Thanks,
Abhishek

---

From: Claudio Jeker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 10:41:35 +0100

> packets. Is this correct?

Yes. Even though unlabled traffic would work packets are labelled as soon
as there is an LSP available.

-- 
:wq Claudio

---

From: Phil Bedard <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 11:02:17 -0500

It depends on the platform you are using and its configuration.   Some platforms will use an LDP LSP as soon as its available, others by default prefer native IP paths until you turn on a knob to say use an MPLS path instead (IGP/BGP shortcuts).   

Phil 

On Feb 21, 2010, at 7:02 PM, Abhishek Verma wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> mpls mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls