Subject: [mpls] titles for mpls-tp documents

From: Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 13:12:48 +0200

All,

when the RFC Editor worked on the NM Requirements and Framework
they pointed out an inconsistency in the title of the documents.

Looking at it we understood that this were true and that it also
were true for a number of our documents.

Since the documents were in were late stage before publication
a decision were taken by the ADs and document shepherd to name
the NM documents:

"Network Management Framework for MPLS-based Transport Networks"
and
"Network Management Requirements for MPLS-based Transport Networks"

with slight tweaks for the short name.

We intend use the same naming style for all MPLS-TP documents
as applicable, e.g. the title of the OAM Framework will be:
Operations, Administration and Maintenance Framework for MPLS-based 
Transport Networks.

/Loa
-- 

Loa Andersson                         email: [email-masked]
Sr Strategy and Standards Manager            [email-masked]
Ericsson Inc                          phone: +46 10 717 52 13
                                              +46 767 72 92 13

---

From: Huub van Helvoort <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 14:16:45 +0200

Hi Loa,

> "Network Management Requirements for MPLS-based Transport Networks"

OK.
However, when I look at the footer of these two documents
and compare them with the footer of other documents with MPLS-
based Transport Network in the title, I see an inconsistency:
The other documents all mention MPLS-TP while these NM documents
don't (and originally they did, i.e. "MPLS-TP NM Framework" and
"MPLS-TP NM Requirements".

> with slight tweaks for the short name.

If you mean the footer, you created an inconsistency as noted
above. (see RFC5654, RFC5860, RFC5960)

Regards, Huub.

-- 
================================================================
Always remember that you are unique...just like everyone else...