Subject: [mpls] PW Gen FEC (129) AII Type-1 and Type-2 packet format and configuration for static/signalling

From: venkatesan mahalingam <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 15:07:48 +0530

Hi,

*Query-1:*
As per RFC-4446, RFC-4447 and RFC-5003, packet formats for PW GEN type-1 and
type-2 are derived below for GenFEC (129 FEC) TLV.

*For PW Gen FEC AII Type-1:*

    0                   1                   2                   3
    0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
   |Gen PWid (0x81)|C|         PW Type             |PW info Length |
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
   |   AGI Type *(1)*    |    Length *(8 bytes)*     |
Value                    |
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
   ~                    AGI  Value (contd.)                        ~
   |                                                               |
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
   |   AII Type *(1)*    |    Length *(4 bytes)*     |      SAII
Value                       |
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
   ~                   SAII  Value (contd.)                        ~
   |                                                               |
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
   |   AII Type *(1)*    |    Length* (4 bytes)*     |      TAII
Value                          |
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
   ~                   TAII Value (contd.)                         ~
   |                                                               |
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
*For PW Gen FEC AII Type-2:*

 0                   1                   2                   3
    0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
   |Gen PWid (0x81)|C|         PW Type             |PW info Length |
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
   |   AGI Type *(1)*    |    Length *(8 bytes)*    |
Value                    |
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
   ~                    AGI  Value (contd.)                        ~
   |                                                               |
  +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+++
   |  AII Type=*02*  |    Length *(12 bytes)*     |        Src-Global
ID           |
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
   |       Src-Global ID (contd.)      |
Src-Prefix                             |
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
   |       Src-Prefix (contd.)         |        Src-AC
ID                              |
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
   |      Src-AC ID                    |
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
   |  AII Type=*02*  |    Length *(12 bytes)*       |        Dst-Global
ID                           |
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
   |       Dst-Global ID (contd.)      |
Dst-Prefix                            |
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
   |       Dst-Prefix (contd.)            |        Dst-AC
ID                              |
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
   |      Dst-AC ID                         |
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
*Gen FEC AII Type-1 (MIB objects configuration)*
   pwGenAGIType = 1,
   pwGenLocalAIIType = 1,
   pwGenRemoteAIIType = 1,
   pwGroupAttachmentID  = <8 bytes AGI value>
   pwLocalAttachmentID  = <4 bytes SAII value)
   pwRemoteAttachmentID = <4 bytes TAII value)
*Gen FEC AII Type-2 signalling (MIB objects configuration)*
   pwGenAGIType = 1,
   pwGenLocalAIIType = 2,
   pwGenRemoteAIIType = 2,
   pwGroupAttachmentID  = <8 bytes AGI value>
   pwLocalAttachmentID  = SAII - 32 bytes [Src-Global-id (4 bytes) +
Src-Node-id (4 bytes) + Src-Ac-id (4 bytes)]
   pwRemoteAttachmentID = TAII - 32 bytes [Dst-Global-id (4 bytes) +
Dst-Node-id (4 bytes) + Dst-Ac-id (4 bytes)]
   pwOutboundVcLabel   =  0xFFFF, -- Will be received by
                                    -- signaling protocol
   pwInboundVcLabel    =  0xFFFF, -- Will be set by signaling
                                    -- protocol
*Gen FEC AII Type-2 static (MIB objects configuration)*
    pwGenAGIType = 1,
   pwGenLocalAIIType = 2,
   pwGenRemoteAIIType = 2,
   pwGroupAttachmentID  = <8 bytes AGI value>
   pwLocalAttachmentID  = SAII - 32 bytes [Src-Global-id (4 bytes) +
Src-Node-id (4 bytes) + Src-Ac-id (4 bytes)]
   pwRemoteAttachmentID = TAII - 32 bytes [Dst-Global-id (4 bytes) +
Dst-Node-id (4 bytes) + Dst-Ac-id (4 bytes)]
   pwOutboundVcLabel  = 100 (label configured by user explicitly)
   pwInboundVcLabel = 200 (label configured by user explicitly)
Is the above configuration/packet formats correct?

*Query-2:*
Can the mib objects (pwOutboundLabel, pwInboundLabel) be set valid label
values for PW GEN FEC signalling?

It seems that, as per MPLS TP-identifiers draft version 02, GEN FEC (129)
TLV is used for MPLS-TP networks.

It seems that the pwOutboundLabel, pwInboundLabel labels are valid to be
configured for manual PW.

Static MPLS-TP case, Static gen FEC PW should be used so, do we allow
pwOutboundLabel, pwInboundLabel labels configuration in the mib objects
irrespective of the PW owner?

Am I missing something here?

-- 
Best Regards,
Venkatesan Mahalingam.