Subject: [mpls] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC5960 (2534)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 10:42:47 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC5960,
"MPLS Transport Profile Data Plane Architecture".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=5960&eid=2534

--------------------------------------
Type: Technical
Reported by: Italo Busi <[email-masked]>

Section: 6

Original Text
-------------
      2.  Any MPLS label in the packet's label stack processed at the
          receiving LSR, such as an LSP or PW label, has a label value
          that the receiving LSR has previously distributed to the peer
          beyond that neighbor (i.e., when it is known that the path
          from the system to which the label was distributed to the
          receiving system is via that neighbor).

Corrected Text
--------------
   2.  Any MPLS label processed at the receiving LSR, such as an LSP or
       PW label, has a label value that the receiving LSR has previously
       distributed to the peer (in a common sub-layer) beyond that immediate 
       neighbour, the specific scenario being when labels for more than one
       sub-layer in the hierarchy has been allocated from a common label space
       AND the sub-layer of receipt does not correspond to the sub-layer of
       label distribution for the specific label value.

Notes
-----
This change is intended to clarify the difference between the peer and a neighbour, it also provides a description of the application scenario.

See https://datatracker.ietf.org/liaison/916/

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC5960 (draft-ietf-mpls-tp-data-plane-04)
--------------------------------------
Title               : MPLS Transport Profile Data Plane Architecture
Publication Date    : August 2010
Author(s)           : D. Frost, Ed., S. Bryant, Ed., M. Bocci, Ed.
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Multiprotocol Label Switching
Area                : Routing
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG