Subject: [mpls] RFC 5950 on Network Management Framework for MPLS-based Transport Networks

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 12:39:12 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5950

        Title:      Network Management Framework for MPLS-based 
                    Transport Networks 
        Author:     S. Mansfield, Ed.,
                    E. Gray, Ed.,
                    K. Lam, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      18
        Characters: 39502
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mpls-tp-nm-framework-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5950.txt

This document provides the network management framework for the
Transport Profile for Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS-TP).

This framework relies on the management terminology from the ITU-T to
describe the management architecture that could be used for an
MPLS-TP management network.

The management of the MPLS-TP network could be based on multi-tiered
distributed management systems.  This document provides a description
of the network and element management architectures that could be
applied and also describes heuristics associated with fault,
configuration, and performance aspects of the management system.

This document is a product of a joint Internet Engineering Task Force
(IETF) / International Telecommunication Union Telecommunication
Standardization Sector (ITU-T) effort to include an MPLS Transport
Profile within the IETF MPLS and PWE3 architectures to support the
capabilities and functionalities of a packet transport network. 
This document is not an Internet Standards Track specification; it is
published for informational purposes.

This document is a product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC