Subject: [mpls] Some comments on "draft-ietf-mpls-tp-cc-cv-rdi-01"

From: "Manikantan Srinivasan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 18:18:02 +0530

Dear Dave,

I have few comments (mostly editorial) for the draft
"draft-ietf-mpls-tp-cc-cv-rdi-01" placed below. 

They may be accepted if found applicable.

Thank you and Regards
mani

========================================================================
Page 1: Abstract
"   Continuity Check (CC), Proactive Connectivity Verification (CV) and 
   Remote Defect Indication (RDI) functionalities required for are MPLS-
   TP OAM."

Must be 

"   Continuity Check (CC), Proactive Connectivity Verification (CV) and 
   Remote Defect Indication (RDI) functionalities are required for MPLS-
   TP OAM."

----
"required for are" to be changed as "are required for"

========================================================================

Page 3

PST - to be added to the Terminology section

========================================================================
Page 8 Section 3.5.2
"   There are further defect criteria beyond that defined in [4] to 
   consider given the possibility of mis-connectivity and mis-
   configuration defects."

MUST be

"   There are further defect criteria beyond those defined in [4] to 
   consider given the possibility of mis-connectivity and mis-
   configuration defects."

----
"that" replaced as "those"

========================================================================
Page 9 

"   The following conditions cause a MEP to enter the defect state for CC 
   of CV:"

MUST be

"   The following conditions cause a MEP to enter the defect state for CC:"

----
of CV - to be removed
========================================================================
Page 9

     1. BFD session times out (Loss of Continuity defect), 
     2. Receipt of a link down indication. 
     3. Receipt of an unexpected M bit (Session Mis-configuration 
        defect),

can be consistently edited as

     1. BFD session times out (Loss of Continuity defect). 
     2. Receipt of a link down indication. 
     3. Receipt of an unexpected M bit (Session Mis-configuration 
        defect).

----
"," replaced with "."
========================================================================
Page 10

" Exit from a Loss of continuity defect", 
" Exit from a session mis-configuration defect"
" Exit from a mis-connectivity defect"

- these subsections can be clearly demarked with a sub section identifier.
========================================================================

Page 10

LDI, LKI, LKR - These are to be added to the terminology section
========================================================================

--------------------------------------
Manikantan (Mani) Srinivasan
Net-O2 Technologies Pvt Ltd
First Floor, RR Towers III,
Thiru-Vi-Ka Industrial Estate,
Guindy, Chennai - 600032
India
Phone    : 91-44-22500370 x230
Fax      : 91-44-22500372
Mobile   : 91-9940127370
skype id : manikantan.srinivasan
--------------------------------------