Subject: [mpls] Returning draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-upstream to the working group

From: Adrian Farrel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2010 21:59:05 +0000

Hi,

You may have noticed the IPR disclosure that was made today relating to this
I-D.

The disclosure can be found at https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1454/ and
relates to a Chinese patent number CN200610078367.0

You can search for Chinese patents at http://search.cnpat.com.cn/Search/EN/
Entering the full patent number into box A seems to produce the desired search
result.

draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-upstream had completed working group and IETF last calls,
and was in IESG review at the time the disclosure was received.

The IESG has directed that this draft should be returned to the working group to
find out whether there is consensus to carry on with the I-D as it stands, or if
the WG wants to find another approach to the same problem.

This email begins a two week discussion period on the MPLS mailing list on this
issue (end 10pm GMT on December 16th). Silence will be taken as consent for the
status quo. The WG chairs will help me judge consensus in the event of a debate.

In view of the fact that the IPR disclosure was filed by Huawei, I am willing to
step aside and let Stewart handle this if anyone believes there is an issue
(feel free to send private email to me or Stewart).

Thanks,
Adrian

---

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 22:05:35 -0000

Working group:

It is now after the end of the period I set for comment on this IPR disclosure
and I have seen no comments on the list or in private email. In discussion with
the chairs, we interpret this to mean that the WG has no issues or concerns. 

I will, therefore, move on to issue a second IETF last call to check with the
wider community to see whether there are any concerns.

Thanks,
Adrian

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
> Adrian Farrel
> Sent: 02 December 2010 21:59
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [mpls] Returning draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-upstream to the working group
> 
> Hi,
> 
> _______________________________________________
> mpls mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls