Subject: [mpls] I-D Action:draft-ietf-mpls-mldp-recurs-fec-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 May 2011 14:15:01 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Using Multipoint LDP when the Backbone has no Route to the Root
	Author(s)       : I. Wijnands, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mpls-mldp-recurs-fec-02.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2011-05-09

The control protocol used for constructing Point-to-Multipoint and
Multipoint-to-Multipoint Label Switched Paths ("MP LSPs") contains a
field that identifies the address of a "root node".  Intermediate
nodes are expected to be able to look up that address in their
routing tables.  However, if the route to the root node is a BGP
route, and the intermediate nodes are part of a BGP-free core, this
is not possible.  This document specifies procedures which enable a
MP LSP to be constructed through a BGP-free core.  In these
procedures, the root node address is temporarily replaced by an
address that is known to the intermediate nodes and is on the path to
the true root node.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-mldp-recurs-fec-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.