Subject: [mpls] I-D Action:draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-enhanced-dsmap-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 09:45:02 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Mechanism for performing LSP-Ping over MPLS tunnels
	Author(s)       : N. Bahadur, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-enhanced-dsmap-09.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2011-05-13

This document describes methods for performing LSP Ping (specified in
RFC 4379) traceroute over MPLS tunnels and for traceroute of stitched
MPLS label-switched-paths (LSPs).  The techniques outlined in RFC
4379 are insufficient to perform traceroute Forwarding Equivalency
Class (FEC) validation and path discovery for a LSP that goes over
other MPLS tunnels or for a stitched LSP.  This document describes
enhancements to the downstream-mapping TLV (defined in RFC 4379).
These enhancements along with other procedures outlined in this
document can be used to trace such LSPs.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-enhanced-dsmap-09.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.