Subject: [mpls] draft-villamizar-mpls-tp-multipath-te-extn

From: Curtis Villamizar <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 17:51:49 -0400

This internet-draft defines extensions to OSPF-TE and ISIS-TE and to
RSVP-TE to support the requirements and framework described in:

  draft-villamizar-mpls-tp-multipath-01.txt
  Use of Multipath with MPLS-TP and MPLS

The requirements were presented at IETF-80.  Among the comments were
that it would be useful to see the specifics of the protocol changes.

Review and comments on either or both of these drafts would be
appreciated.

Curtis

------- Forwarded Message

A new version of I-D,
draft-villamizar-mpls-tp-multipath-te-extn-00.txt has been
successfully submitted by Curtis Villamizar and posted to the IETF
repository.

Filename:	 draft-villamizar-mpls-tp-multipath-te-extn
Revision:	 00
Title:		 Multipath Extensions for MPLS Traffic Engineering
Creation date:	 2011-07-04
WG ID:		 Individual Submission
Number of pages: 26

Abstract:
   Extensions to OSPF-TE, ISIS-TE, and RSVP-TE are defined in support of
   carrying LSP with strict packet ordering requirements over multipath
   and and carrying LSP with strict packet ordering requirements within
   LSP without violating requirements to maintain packet ordering.  LSP
   with strict packet ordering requirements include MPLS-TP LSP.

   OSPF-TE and ISIS-TE extensions defined here indicate node and link
   capability reagrding support for ordered aggregates of traffic,
   multipath traffic distribution, and abilities to support multipath
   load distribution differently per LSP.

   RSVP-TE extensions either identifies an LSP as requiring strict
   packet order, or identifies an LSP as carrying one or more LSP that
   requires strict packet order at a given depth in the label stack, or
   identifies an LSP as having no restrictions on packet ordering except
   the restriction to avoid reordering microflows.  In addition an
   extension indicates whether the first nibble of payload will reliably
   indicate whether payload is IPv4, IPv6, or other type of payload,
   most notably pseudowire using a pseudowire control word.

The IETF Secretariat

------- End of Forwarded Message