Subject: [mpls] I-D Action: draft-ietf-mpls-tp-oam-analysis-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 11:15:34 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : An Overview of the OAM Tool Set for MPLS based Transport Networks
	Author(s)       : Nurit Sprecher
                          Luyuan Fang
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mpls-tp-oam-analysis-07.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2011-12-21

   This document provides an overview of the OAM toolset for MPLS based
   Transport Networks.  The toolset consists of a comprehensive set of
   fault management and performance monitoring capabilities (operating
   in the data-plane) which are appropriate for transport networks as
   required in RFC 5860 and support the network and services at
   different nested levels.  This overview includes a brief recap of
   MPLS-TP OAM requirements and functions, and of generic mechanisms
   created in the MPLS data plane to allow the OAM packets run in-band
   and share their fate with data packets.  The protocol definitions for
   each of the MPLS-TP OAM tools are defined in separate documents (RFCs
   or Working Group drafts) which are referenced by this document.

   This document is a product of a joint Internet Engineering Task Force
   (IETF) / International Telecommunications Union Telecommunications
   Standardization Sector (ITU-T) effort to include an MPLS Transport
   Profile within the IETF MPLS and PWE3 architectures to support the
   capabilities and functionalities of a packet transport network as
   defined by the ITU-T.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-oam-analysis-07.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-oam-analysis-07.txt