Subject: [mpls] I-D Action: draft-ietf-mpls-tp-use-cases-and-design-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 00:04:15 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : MPLS-TP Use Cases Studies and Design Considerations
	Author(s)       : Luyuan Fang
                          Nabil Bitar
                          Raymond Zhang
                          Masahiro DAIKOKU
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mpls-tp-use-cases-and-design-00.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2011-12-18

   This document provides use case studies and network design
   considerations for Multiprotocol Label Switching Transport Profile
   (MPLS-TP).

   In the recent years, MPLS-TP has emerged as the technology of choice
   for the new generation of packet transport. Many service providers
   (SPs) are working to replace the legacy transport technologies, e.g.
   SONET/SDH, TDM, and ATM technologies, with MPLS-TP for packet
   transport, in order to achieve higher efficiency, lower operational
   cost, while maintaining transport characteristics.

   The use cases for MPLS-TP include Metro Ethernet access and
   aggregation, Mobile backhaul, and packet optical transport. The
   design considerations discussed in this documents ranging from
   operational experience; standards compliance; technology maturity;
   end-to-end forwarding and OAM consistency; compatibility with
   IP/MPLS networks; multi-vendor interoperability; and optimization
   vs. simplicity design trade off discussion. The general design
   principle is to provide reliable, manageable, and scalable transport
   solutions.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-use-cases-and-design-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-use-cases-and-design-00.txt