Subject: [mpls] I-D Action: draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-dod-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 14:18:48 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : LDP Downstream-on-Demand in Seamless MPLS
	Author(s)       : Thomas Beckhaus
                          Bruno Decraene
                          Kishore Tiruveedhula
                          Maciek Konstantynowicz
                          Luca Martini
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-dod-05.txt
	Pages           : 33
	Date            : 2013-02-25

Abstract:
   Seamless MPLS design enables a single IP/MPLS network to scale over
   core, metro and access parts of a large packet network infrastructure
   using standardized IP/MPLS protocols.  One of the key goals of
   Seamless MPLS is to meet requirements specific to access, including
   high number of devices, their position in network topology and their
   compute and memory constraints that limit the amount of state access
   devices can hold.This can be achieved with LDP Downstream-on-Demand
   (LDP DoD) label advertisement.  This document describes LDP DoD use
   cases and lists required LDP DoD procedures in the context of
   Seamless MPLS design.

   In addition, a new optional TLV type in the LDP label request message
   is defined for fast-up convergence.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-dod

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-dod-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-dod-05

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/