Subject: [mpls] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mpls-multipath-use-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 10:11:01 -0800

A new Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

    Title         : Use of Multipath with MPLS-TP and MPLS
    Author(s)     : C. Villamizar
    Filename      : draft-ietf-mpls-multipath-use
    Pages         : 13 
    Date          : Feb. 25, 2013 
    
   Many MPLS implementations have supported multipath techniques and
   many MPLS deployments have used multipath techniques, particularly in
   very high bandwidth applications, such as provider IP/MPLS core
   networks.  MPLS-TP has strongly discouraged the use of multipath
   techniques.  Some degradation of MPLS-TP OAM performance cannot be
   avoided when operating over many types of multipath implementations.

   Using MPLS Entropy label, MPLS LSPs can be carried over multipath
   links while also providing a fully MPLS-TP compliant server layer for
   MPLS-TP LSPs.  This document describes the means of supporting MPLS
   as a server layer for MPLS-TP.  The use of MPLS-TP LSPs as a server
   layer for MPLS LSPs is also discussed.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-multipath-use-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.