Subject: [mpls] Last Call: <draft-ietf-mpls-tp-ethernet-addressing-05.txt> (MPLS-TP Next-Hop Ethernet Addressing) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2013 06:38:07 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Multiprotocol Label Switching WG
(mpls) to consider the following document:
- 'MPLS-TP Next-Hop Ethernet Addressing'
  <draft-ietf-mpls-tp-ethernet-addressing-05.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-02-18. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) Transport Profile (MPLS-TP)
   is the set of MPLS protocol functions applicable to the construction
   and operation of packet-switched transport networks.  This document
   presents considerations for link-layer addressing of Ethernet frames
   carrying MPLS-TP packets.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-ethernet-addressing/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-ethernet-addressing/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

This document contains a downward reference to RFC 2469 "A Caution On The Canonical Ordering Of Link-Layer Addresses".