Subject: [mpls] Document Action: 'MPLS-TP Security Framework' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-mpls-tp-security-framework-09.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 07:38:29 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'MPLS-TP Security Framework'
  (draft-ietf-mpls-tp-security-framework-09.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Adrian Farrel and Stewart Bryant.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-security-framework/

Technical Summary

   This document provides a security framework for Multiprotocol Label
   Switching Transport Profile (MPLS-TP). MPLS-TP extends MPLS
   technologies and introduces new OAM capabilities, a transport-
   oriented path protection mechanism, and strong emphasis on static
   provisioning supported by network management systems. This document
   addresses the security aspects relevant in the context of MPLS-TP
   specifically. It describes potential security threats, security
   requirements for MPLS-TP, and mitigation procedures for MPLS-TP
   networks and MPLS-TP interconnection to other MPLS and GMPLS
   networks. This document is built on RFC5920 "MPLS and GMPLS security
   framework" by providing additional security considerations which are
   applicable to the MPLS-TP extensions. All the security considerations
   from RFC5920 are assumed to apply.

Working Group Summary 

   This document has a strong support in the working group 
   and has been well reviewed. 

   The organization, structure, and content of this document 
   benefitted from multiple reviews, in particular, reviews by the 
   co-chair of the KARP WG. 

   ITU-T SG15 has been notified of all reviews and working group 
   last calls for this document: there are no unresolved comments 
   or issues. 

   The document was returned to the working group after the 
   first publication request for restructuring and considerable change.
   The new version is much shorter and has been through a second
   working group last call.

Document Quality 

   This an informational document, it presents a framework 
   that might be used when implementing, deploying, configurating 
   and operating networks, but it is not possible to say that 
   there are implementations. 

   The document has had the review that is needed, the working 
   group last call was brought to the attention of SG15 in 
   ITU-T. 

Personnel

  Loa Andersson ([email-masked]) is the Document Shepherd.
  Adrian Farrel ([email-masked]) is the Responsible AD.