Subject: [mpls] starting to use the ID tracker for MPLS wg documents

From: Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 21:47:32 +0100

Working Group,

I and Martin sat down with Henrik earlier today. We have started to
use the ID tracker for MPLS wg documents.

One immediate consequence of this is that document authors started
to receive mail from the "IETF Secretariat" saying that the state of
their document has changed. The ID tracker is a good piece of
engineering and most of time the changes you see are pretty
straightforward.

However there is one state "Call For Adoption By WG Issued" that
is not very intuitive; it is not the same thing as what we call
"Poll to see of we have consensus to make this a Working Group
Document". It is the initial ID tracker state, and the meaning is
rather - if this document belongs in IETF it belongs in the MPLS
wg.

We have talked with Henrik to add a new initial state; something
like "Candidate Document" that signify that the document has
found its working group and that we are prepared to start the
process to see if there is support for the document in the working
group.

Please look at the new states at https://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/mpls/
to see if your document seems to be in the right state.

ID Exist - means that we have not started the process to make this
            a working group document
Call For Adoption By WG Issued
          - means that this process has been started
Adopted by a WG
          - means that it has been adopted as a working group document
            (this is a transitional state, as soon as the working group
            document is published the individual document disappears
            from the working group web page)
WG Document
          - is the initial state of the of a working group document
Waiting for WG Chair Go-Ahead
          - the document has been in some type of review and some pieces
            has to fall into place

/Loa
for the wg chairs

-- 

Loa Andersson                        email: [email-masked]
Senior MPLS Expert                          [email-masked]
Huawei Technologies (consult)        phone: +46 739 81 21 64