Subject: [mpls] Progressing draft-ietf-mpls-in-udp

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2014 10:33:29 -0000

Hi,

Sorry that I have been sitting on this I-D since IETF last call completed, but
it has proven to be a valuable wait.

During this IETF meeting I have met with the TSV ADs and discussed this I-D, the
GRE-in-UDP draft and the broader congestion and checksum issues.

The TSV Area and TSVWG have also discussed the topics in some detail.

I believe that I now know exactly what additions/changes are necessary. These
are not necessary to get this past the TSV fanatics and ADs. These *are*
necessary to make the document and the protocol valuable and stable.

My next action will be to work up some text for inclusion in each of the I-Ds (I
am AD for this document and co-author on the GRE document). I suspect this will
be about a page in each case and will overlap with some text already present (we
can handle the editorial process separately).

Obviously we will need to review and discuss the new text before we move
forward.

I am hoping that I can do this within about a week, but the time immediately
after an IETF meeting does tend to get filled up with the most extraordinary
demands on my time (like sleeping).

Thanks to the authors for their patience with this work.

Adrian