Subject: [mpls] I-D Action: draft-ietf-mpls-tp-psc-itu-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2014 23:15:27 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : MPLS Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) Linear Protection to Match the Operational Expectations of SDH, OTN and Ethernet Transport Network Operators
        Authors         : Jeong-dong Ryoo
                          Eric Gray
                          Huub van Helvoort
                          Alessandro D'Alessandro
                          Taesik Cheung
                          Eric Osborne
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mpls-tp-psc-itu-04.txt
	Pages           : 38
	Date            : 2014-03-27

Abstract:
   This document describes alternate mechanisms to perform some of the
   functions of MPLS Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) linear protection
   defined in RFC 6378, and also defines additional mechanisms.  The
   purpose of these alternate and additional mechanisms is to provide
   operator control and experience that more closely models the behavior
   of linear protection seen in other transport networks.

   This document also introduces capabilities and modes for linear
   protection.  A capability is an individual behavior, and a mode is a
   particular combination of capabilities.  Two modes are defined in
   this document: Protection State Coordination (PSC) mode and Automatic
   Protection Switching (APS) mode.

   This document describes the behavior of the PSC protocol including
   priority logic and state machine when all the capabilities associated
   with the APS mode are enabled.

   This document updates RFC 6378 in that the capability advertisement
   method defined here is an addition to that document.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-psc-itu/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-psc-itu-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-mpls-tp-psc-itu-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/