Subject: [mpls] Last Call: <draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-ttl-tlv-07.txt> (Definition of Time-to-Live TLV for LSP-Ping Mechanisms) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2014 13:24:52 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Multiprotocol Label Switching WG
(mpls) to consider the following document:
- 'Definition of Time-to-Live TLV for LSP-Ping Mechanisms'
  <draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-ttl-tlv-07.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-04-07. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   LSP-Ping is a widely deployed Operation, Administration, and
   Maintenance (OAM) mechanism in MPLS networks. However, in the present
   form, this mechanism is inadequate to verify connectivity of a
   segment of a Multi-Segment PseudoWire (MS-PW) from any node on the
   path of the MS-PW. This document defines a TLV to address this
   shortcoming.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-ttl-tlv/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-ttl-tlv/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.