Subject: [mpls] RFC 7140 on LDP Extensions for Hub and Spoke Multipoint Label Switched Path

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2014 08:08:33 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7140

        Title:      LDP Extensions for Hub and 
                    Spoke Multipoint Label Switched Path 
        Author:     L. Jin, F. Jounay,
                    IJ. Wijnands, N. Leymann
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked]
        Pages:      15
        Characters: 33570
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mpls-mldp-hsmp-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7140.txt

This document introduces a hub and spoke multipoint (HSMP) Label
Switched Path (LSP), which allows traffic from root to leaf through
point-to-multipoint (P2MP) LSPs and also leaf to root along the
reverse path.  That means traffic entering the HSMP LSP from the
application/customer at the root node travels downstream to each leaf
node, exactly as if it were traveling downstream along a P2MP LSP to
each leaf node.  Upstream traffic entering the HSMP LSP at any leaf
node travels upstream along the tree to the root, as if it were
unicast to the root.  Direct communication among the leaf nodes is
not allowed.

This document is a product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC