Subject: [mpls] I-D Action: draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-hello-crypto-auth-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 19:10:24 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : LDP Hello Cryptographic Authentication
        Authors         : Lianshu Zheng
                          Mach(Guoyi) Chen
                          Manav Bhatia
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-hello-crypto-auth-07.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2014-05-29

Abstract:
   This document introduces a new optional Cryptographic Authentication
   TLV that LDP can use to secure its Hello messages.  It secures the
   Hello messages against spoofing attacks and some well known attacks
   against the IP header.  This document describes a mechanism to secure
   the LDP Hello messages using National Institute of Standards and
   Technology (NIST) Secure Hash Standard family of algorithms.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-hello-crypto-auth/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-hello-crypto-auth-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-hello-crypto-auth-07

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2014 15:27:01 +0200

Working Group,

During the IANA review of draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-hello-crypto-auth we
discovered what Adrian call a snafu*.

The document assigns a new LDP TLV and the text in most of document is
correct, however in the IANA section we did not point to the LDP TLVs,
but to LSP Ping TLVs. This has been corrected in the new version.

The document shepherd (me) and the responsible AD (Adrian) has discussed
this and agree that this is minor and we don't need to issue a new
wglc.

/Loa

* Note: I'm considering asking Adrian to explain the meaning of "snafu",
at e.g. the rtgwg meeting next IETF. For the time being my understanding
is that snafus is nothing that we want in our documents, or a word that
the RFC Editor under normal circumstances would allow us to use.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [mpls] I-D Action: draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-hello-crypto-auth-07.txt
Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 19:10:24 -0700
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
CC: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
  This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working 
Group of the IETF.

Abstract:

_______________________________________________
mpls mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls