Subject: [mpls] Last Call: <draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-hello-crypto-auth-05.txt> (LDP Hello Cryptographic Authentication) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 May 2014 10:37:29 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Multiprotocol Label Switching WG
(mpls) to consider the following document:
- 'LDP Hello Cryptographic Authentication'
  <draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-hello-crypto-auth-05.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-05-21. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document introduces a new optional Cryptographic Authentication
   TLV that LDP can use to secure its Hello messages.  It secures the
   Hello messages against spoofing attacks and some well known attacks
   against the IP header.  This document describes a mechanism to secure
   the LDP Hello messages using National Institute of Standards and
   Technology (NIST) Secure Hash Standard family of algorithms.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-hello-crypto-auth/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-hello-crypto-auth/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.