Subject: [mpls] Protocol Action: 'Extended Administrative Groups in MPLS-TE' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-mpls-extended-admin-group-07.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 07:12:36 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Extended Administrative Groups in MPLS-TE'
  (draft-ietf-mpls-extended-admin-group-07.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Adrian Farrel and Alia Atlas.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-extended-admin-group/

Technical Summary

   MPLS-TE advertises 32 administrative groups (commonly referred to as
   "colors" or "link colors") using the Administrative Group sub-TLV of
   the Link TLV.  This is defined for OSPFv2 (RFC3630), OSPFv3 (RFC5329)
   and ISIS (RFC5305).

   This document adds a sub-TLV to the IGP TE extensions, "Extended
   Administrative Group".  This sub-TLV provides for additional
   administrative groups (link colors) beyond the current limit of 32.

Working Group Summary

      There is a general agreement in the working group that this
      is needed. There have been comments during the discussion 
      in the working group and the working last call, but all them
      contributing to improving the document.

Document Quality

      Currently we are aware of one commercial implementation.

Personnel

       Adrian Farrel is the Responsible AD.
       Loa Andersson is the document shepherd