Subject: [mpls] Protocol Action: 'Updates to MPLS Transport Profile Linear Protection' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-mpls-psc-updates-06.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 07:02:12 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Updates to MPLS Transport Profile Linear Protection'
  (draft-ietf-mpls-psc-updates-06.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Adrian Farrel and Alia Atlas.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-psc-updates/

Technical Summary

   This document contains a number of updates to the Protection State
   Coordination (PSC) logic defined in RFC6378, "MPLS Transport Profile
   (MPLS-TP) Linear Protection".  These updates provide some rules and
   recommendations around the use of TLVs in PSC, address some issues
   raised in an ITU-T liaison statement, and clarify PSC's behavior in a
   case not well explained in RFC6378.

Working Group Summary

    The document was well reviewed in the working group and by ITU-T
    SG15 experts. There is a general agreement that these updates of
    RFC 6378 is necessary.

    The working group process were smooth, the document were reviewed 
    by he MPLS Review Team. There have been no controversies, but some
    constructive discussion on what should go in this document and what 
    belongs in draft-ietf-mpls-tp-psc-itu.

Document Quality

    There are implementations of RFC 6378, that is why this update is urgent.
    We know that the implementations we know have included the updates
    specified in this document, in fact this is where the updates originated.

    The document received several reviews during IETF last call and some
    updates were made arising from the GenArt review of
    draft-ietf-mpls-tp-psc-itu

Personnel

    Adrian Farrel is the responsible AD.
    Loa Andersson is the document Shepherd.