Subject: [mpls] RFC 7214 on Moving Generic Associated Channel (G-ACh) IANA Registries to a New Registry

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 16:25:15 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7214

        Title:      Moving Generic Associated Channel (G-ACh) 
                    IANA Registries to a New Registry 
        Author:     L. Andersson, C. Pignataro
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      7
        Characters: 12382
        Updates:    RFC 5586, RFC 6374, RFC 6378, RFC 6427, RFC 6428

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mpls-moving-iana-registries-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7214.txt

RFC 5586 generalized the applicability of the pseudowire Associated
Channel Header (PW-ACH) into the Generic Associated Channel G-ACh.
However, registries and allocations of G-ACh parameters had been
distributed throughout different, sometimes unrelated, registries.
This document coalesces these into a new "Generic Associated 
Channel (G-ACh) Parameters" registry under the "Multiprotocol Label 
Switching Architecture (MPLS)" heading.  This document updates RFC 5586.

This document also updates RFCs 6374, 6378, 6427, and 6428.

This document is a product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC