Subject: [mpls] Last Call: <draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-relay-reply-04.txt> (Relayed Echo Reply mechanism for LSP Ping) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 04:54:16 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Multiprotocol Label Switching WG
(mpls) to consider the following document:
- 'Relayed Echo Reply mechanism for LSP Ping'
  <draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-relay-reply-04.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-10-13. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   In some inter autonomous system (AS) and inter-area deployment
   scenarios for RFC 4379 "Label Switched Path (LSP) Ping and
   Traceroute", a replying LSR may not have the available route to the
   initiator, and the Echo Reply message sent to the initiator would be
   discarded resulting in false negatives or complete failure of
   operation of LSP Ping and Traceroute.  This document describes
   extensions to LSP Ping mechanism to enable the replying Label
   Switching Router (LSR) to have the capability to relay the Echo
   Response by a set of routable intermediate nodes to the initiator.
   This document updates RFC 4379.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-relay-reply/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-relay-reply/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1945/
   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/828/