Subject: Re: [mpls] New Version Notification for draft-ietf-mpls-p2mp-loose-path-reopt-01.txt

From: "Rakesh Gandhi (rgandhi)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 14:07:27 +0000

Hi WG,

We have updated the draft to address review comments. Changes are as
follows:

- Include sub-group based re-optimization mode where multiple Path
messages are combined (Section 1.2, 3.2) as per review comments from
Dimitri.
- Add extension for BEGIN and END markers for the S2L sub-LSP in the
descriptor list when Path messages are combined (Section 4.3, 7.3).
- Editing changes as per review comments from Nobo Akiya (Multiple
Sections).
- Minor misc editing changes.

Your review comments on the changes and this draft in general are welcome.

Thanks,
Rakesh

On 2014-09-30 8:37 AM, "[email-masked]"
<[email-masked]> wrote:

>
>A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-mpls-p2mp-loose-path-reopt-01.txt
>has been successfully submitted by Rakesh Gandhi and posted to the
>IETF repository.
>
>Name:		draft-ietf-mpls-p2mp-loose-path-reopt
>Revision:	01
>Title:		Extensions to Resource Reservation Protocol For Re-optimization
>of Loosely Routed Point-to-Multipoint Traffic Engineering LSPs
>Document date:	2014-09-30
>Group:		mpls
>Pages:		15
>URL:            
>http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-p2mp-loose-path-reopt-
>01.txt
>Status:         
>https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-p2mp-loose-path-reopt/
>Htmlized:       
>http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mpls-p2mp-loose-path-reopt-01
>Diff:           
>http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-mpls-p2mp-loose-path-reopt-01
>
>Abstract:
>   For a Traffic Engineered (TE) point-to-multipoint (P2MP) Label
>   Switched Path (LSP), it is preferable in some cases to re-evaluate
>   and re-optimize the entire P2MP-TE LSP by re-signaling all its
>   Source-to-Leaf (S2L) sub-LSP(s).  Existing mechanisms, a mechanism
>   for an ingress Label Switched Router (LSR) to trigger a new path re-
>   evaluation request and a mechanism for a mid-point LSR to notify an
>   availability of a preferred path, operate on an individual or a sub-
>   group of S2L sub-LSP(s) basis only.
>
>   This document defines RSVP-TE signaling extensions to allow an
>   ingress node of a P2MP-TE LSP to request the re-evaluation of the
>   entire LSP tree containing one or more S2L sub-LSPs whose paths are
>   loose (or abstract) hop expanded, and for a mid-point LSR to notify
>   to the ingress node that a preferable tree exists for the entire
>   P2MP-TE LSP.  This document also defines markers to indicate
>   beginning and end of a S2L sub-LSP descriptor list when RSVP message
>   needs to be fragmented due to large number of S2L sub-LSPs when
>   performing re-optimization.
>
>
>                  
>        
>
>
>Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of
>submission
>until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.
>
>The IETF Secretariat
>