Subject: [mpls] I-D Action: draft-raza-mpls-oam-ipv6-rao-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 18:46:44 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : IPv6 Router Alert Option for MPLS OAM
        Authors         : Kamran Raza
                          Nobo Akiya
                          Carlos Pignataro
	Filename        : draft-raza-mpls-oam-ipv6-rao-02.txt
	Pages           : 5
	Date            : 2014-09-30

Abstract:
   RFC4379 defines the MPLS LSP Ping/Traceroute mechanism, in which the
   Router Alert option must be set in the IP header of the MPLS Echo
   Request messages, and may conditionally be set in the IP header of
   the MPLS Echo Reply messages.  While a generic "Router shall examine
   packet" Option Value is used for the IPv4 Router Alert Option (RAO),
   there is no generic Router Alert Option Value defined for IPv6 that
   can be used.  This document allocates a new generic IPv6 Router Alert
   Option Value that can be used by MPLS OAM tools, including the MPLS
   Echo Request and MPLS Echo Reply messages for MPLS IPv6.

   The initial motivation to request an IPv6 Router Alert Option (RAO)
   code point for MPLS OAM comes from MPLS LSP Ping/Traceroute.
   However, this codepoint is applicable to all MPLS OAM and not limited
   to MPLS LSP Ping/Traceroute.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-raza-mpls-oam-ipv6-rao/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-raza-mpls-oam-ipv6-rao-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-raza-mpls-oam-ipv6-rao-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/