Subject: [mpls] The RTG area QA process in the MPLS wg

From: Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2014 11:04:40 +0200

Working Group,

We have started to see mails on the working group mailing list that
originates from the document Quality Assurance (QA) process that the
Routing ADs has started.

Examples of such are:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/mpls/current/msg12782.html
and
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/mpls/current/msg12783.html

The QA process involve a review from a member of the routing area
directorate twice during the life time of a document, first at about
the time a document is polled to become a working group document and a
second time at working group last call. The routing area directorate
member is also supposed to follow the document during it life time.
We hope that this process will will contribute to improve the quality
of the documents across the area.

What we see with the two reviews above, if done in parallel to the
wg adoption poll is that we may receive the reviews after the document
has been adopted as a wg document. This is in itself not a real problem,
we can address these comments as part of the normal working group
process.

However, we anticipate that the comments we get from the QA review is
closer to what we get from the MPLS-RT reviews, i.e. first of all a
recommendation if we should take the document to wg adoption poll +
a set of comments that the authors very often want to address before
starting the poll.

We will therefore try to run the QA review at the same time as we
run the MPLS-RT review.

/Loa
for the mpls wg chairs

-- 

Loa Andersson                        email: [email-masked]
Senior MPLS Expert                          [email-masked]
Huawei Technologies (consultant)     phone: +46 739 81 21 64