Subject: [mpls] Repeated WG last call on draft-ietf-mpls-in-udp

From: Ross Callon <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2014 21:28:25 +0000

Working Group,

This is to start a two week Working Group last call on  draft-ietf-mpls-in-udp-07.txt.

Please send your comments to the mpls working group mailing list ([email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>).

Please send both technical comments, and (if you are happy with the document as is)
also send indications of support.

You will recall that this document passed WG last call more than a year ago. However, the
subsequent IETF last call (in January 2014) resulted in a lengthy discussion, particularly over
issues related to congestion and to the use (or non-use) of the UDP checksum with IPv6.
After discussions in the March and July meetings this year (in London and Toronto,
respectively), a design team was formed to come up with improved text related to
congestion control and checksum use. The document has been updated significantly and
the changes were presented at the recent IETF meeting in Honolulu, in both MPLS and
TSVWG WGs.

There is one IPR claim that applies to this draft, which can be seen at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1941/

The coauthors and contributor have indicated that they don't know of any other
IPR applicable to this draft. If anyone else in the working group is aware of IPR
claims against this draft, the time to disclose that is now.

This working group last call will end on December 8, 2014.

Ross
for the wg co-chairs

PS: Please also note that if you look at an earlier version of the document on the IETF
tools web site, due to some sort of glitch in the tools server there is not a place to click
under "version" at the top of the page to get version 7. However, the correct version is
available at both https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mpls-in-udp-07 and also on the
datatracker at https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-in-udp/.