Subject: [mpls] MPLS Yang team(s)

From: Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2014 13:54:10 +0800

Working Group,

We got a mail asking about the status of the MPLS Yang teams.

The background is that the authors of the mpls-yang IDs were asked
to prepare a joint presentation at the Honolulu meeting. The authors
(and other interested) met during the week and came up with
http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/91/slides/slides-91-mpls-13.pptx

We very much appreciate the work done by everyone involved. And believe
it will form a good base to move ahead on.

At the end of the presentation the relation of this work to generic
yang-attempts were brought up. The answer was pretty much that we do
not know yet.

The YANG teams are not formalized working group design teams. We will
need to see the effects of getting the rtg-area tuning fully in place
first.

For the time being they are individual initiatives, pretty much as an
individual draft, however the output from the teams are there out in the
open and can be discussed, and will serve as a basis if and when we
decide on design teams.

The coordination points that can be seen now, and what the teams should
be aware of and take into consideration.

High level OAM model (LIME)
   - probably not that much impact on MPLS TE and LDP yang models

Generic TE model
   - it is likely that this will be done in teas
   - but that mpls data palne specifics will go to mpls
   - the MPLS TE yang team should be aware of this

LDP model
   - likely to stay (mostly) in MPLS

Routing-area coordination
    - Qin Wu and Dave Sinicrope is the coordinators for this, and the
      teams should coordinate as necessary.

With that the current (individual) yang teams should keep up the
good work and wait for the other pieces fall into place.

/Loa
for the mpls wg chairs

PS

Tarek,

Can you copy this to all members of the yang teams

-- 

Loa Andersson                        email: [email-masked]
Senior MPLS Expert                          [email-masked]
Huawei Technologies (consultant)     phone: +46 739 81 21 64