Subject: [mpls] Protocol Action: 'IANA registries for LSP ping Code Points' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-registry-03.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2015 10:16:25 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'IANA registries for LSP ping Code Points'
  (draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-registry-03.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alia Atlas and Adrian Farrel.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-registry/

Technical Summary

   RFC 4379 and RFC 6424 created name spaces for Multiprotocol Label
   Switching (MPLS) Label Switched Path (LSP) Ping.  However, those RFCs
   did not create the corresponding IANA registries for the Downstream
   Mapping object Flags (DS Flags), Multipath Type, Pad TLV and Address
   Types.

   There is now a need to make further code point allocations from these
   name spaces.  This document updates RFC 4379 and RFC 6424 in that it
   creates the IANA registries for that purpose.

Working Group Summary

   The draft is needed to create registries for two other WG documents and 
   has progressed through the WG with no controversy and sufficient support. 

Document Quality

   The document has been well reviewed. The acknowledgements section will
   need to be filled in or deleted before final publication. 

Personnel

  Ross Callon is the Document Shepherd.
  Adrian Farrel is the Responsible Area Director.