Subject: [mpls] RFC 7473 on Controlling State Advertisements of Non-negotiated LDP Applications

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2015 17:50:50 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7473

        Title:      Controlling State Advertisements of Non-negotiated 
                    LDP Applications 
        Author:     K. Raza, S. Boutros
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      15
        Characters: 36189
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-ip-pw-capability-09.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7473

There is no capability negotiation done for Label Distribution
Protocol (LDP) applications that set up Label Switched Paths (LSPs) for
IP prefixes or that signal point-to-point (P2P) Pseudowires (PWs) for
Layer 2 Virtual Private Networks (L2VPNs).  When an LDP session comes
up, an LDP speaker may unnecessarily advertise its local state for
such LDP applications even when the peer session is established for
some other applications like Multipoint LDP (mLDP) or the Inter-Chassis
Communication Protocol (ICCP).  This document defines a solution by
which an LDP speaker announces to its peer its disinterest in such
non-negotiated applications, thus disabling the unnecessary
advertisement of corresponding application state, which would have
otherwise been advertised over the established LDP session.

This document is a product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC