Subject: [mpls] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC7394 (4297)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2015 14:26:51 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC7394,
"Definition of Time to Live TLV for LSP-Ping Mechanisms".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=7394&eid=4297

--------------------------------------
Type: Technical
Reported by: Himanshu Shah <[email-masked]>

Section: 3.1

Original Text
-------------

3.1. TTL TLV Format

   0                   1                   2                   3
   0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
   |  Type = 32769                 |   Length = 8                  |
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
   |   Value       |   Reserved    |   Flags                       |
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

                  Figure 1: Time To Live TLV Format

Corrected Text
--------------

3.1. TTL TLV Format

   0                   1                   2                   3
   0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
   |  Type = 32769                 |   Length = 4                  |
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
   |   Value       |   Reserved    |   Flags                       |
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

                  Figure 1: Time To Live TLV Format

Notes
-----
In a TTL, Length value should show length of the value fields. There are already a couple of implementations out there which is setting the length to 4 (4-byte)

This should be corrected in order to make this RFC interoperable between different vendors.

Instructions:
-------------
This erratum is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC7394 (draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-ttl-tlv-10)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Definition of Time to Live TLV for LSP-Ping Mechanisms
Publication Date    : November 2014
Author(s)           : S. Boutros, S. Sivabalan, G. Swallow, S. Saxena, V. Manral, S. Aldrin
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Multiprotocol Label Switching
Area                : Routing
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG

---

From: "Thomas D. Nadeau" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2015 17:31:58 -0400

Fixing Shaleen's email.

	--Tom

> On Mar 10, 2015:5:26 PM, at 5:26 PM, RFC Errata System <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> _______________________________________________
> mpls mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls
>