Subject: [mpls] RFC 7555 on Proxy MPLS Echo Request

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2015 18:26:04 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7555

        Title:      Proxy MPLS Echo Request 
        Author:     G. Swallow, V. Lim, S. Aldrin
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      28
        Characters: 62109
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mpls-proxy-lsp-ping-05.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7555

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7555

This document defines a means of remotely initiating Multiprotocol Label
Switched Protocol (MPLS) Pings on Label Switched Paths.  An MPLS Proxy Ping
Request is sent to any Label Switching Router along a Label Switched Path.
The primary motivations for this facility are first to limit the number of
messages and related processing when using LSP Ping in large
Point-to-Multipoint LSPs, and second to enable tracing from leaf to leaf 
(or root).

This document is a product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC