Subject: [mpls] Fwd: Routing Area YANG Coordinators Wiki

From: Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2015 13:14:14 +0200

Folks,,

Forwarding a mail that David S sent to the routing-discussion list,
since everyone might not be subscribed to that list I'm forwarding
it to the working group.

/Loa

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	Routing Area YANG Coordinators Wiki
Date: 	Tue, 21 Jul 2015 14:21:32 +0000
From: 	David Sinicrope <[email-masked]>
To: 	[email-masked] <[email-masked]>

Hi All,
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/area/rtg/trac/wiki/RtgYangCoord
Above is a link to the Routing Area YANG Coordinators area that was
established earlier this year to help track the YANG models being
developed in the iETF Routing Area.
There are a number of resources on the wiki pages, but the coordinators
would like to draw attention specifically to the âSummary of Routing
Area YANG Draftsâ
(The section with the big red text "*** == YANG MODEL AUTHORS LOOK HERE
== ****â*

These tables are intended to help summarize and track the YANG drafts in
the Routing Area.    Draft authors and WG Chairs are requested to keep
the wiki table updated as drafts are created and progressed through the
document development process.  Instructions for completing a table row
for a YANG model draft are provided.

Questions on the instructions should be directed to the Routing Area
YANG Coordinators (Qin [email-masked]
<mailto:[email-masked]> and David Sinicrope
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> )

Thanks for your help and support keeping this information up to date.

Thanks,
Dave and Qin

-- 

Loa Andersson                        email: [email-masked]
Senior MPLS Expert                          [email-masked]
Huawei Technologies (consultant)     phone: +46 739 81 21 64

---

From: Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2015 13:51:00 +0200

Authors of MPLS wg YANG models,

At the MPLS wg meeting yesterday we had a discussion on overlap between
different YANG models. It was alleged that there is a huge overlap
between the YANG models and that there is a substantial need for
coordination.

There were opinions in the meeting spanning from "This will sort it out
itself in the end!" to "Some person with the authority need to do the
coordination!" I guess that the majority were somewhere in the middle
ground.

Here is (at least a temporary) direction for the MPLS wg:

    "The authors of the YANG models progressed in the MPLS working
     group will have to coordinate with other YANG model author
     groups (within and outside the MPLS wg) to find and address
     overlap."

MPLS wg chairs will help when necessary, but initiative should come
from the author groups.

I think there might be a companion question; "Are there YANG models
that we need to do, but that we have not yet identified?"

/Loa

PS
There is a problem with using the document alias, so I tried to
extract the mail-addresses for everyone list as an author for
one of the documents. If I missed someone please forward this
message.

---

From: "Andrew G. Malis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2015 14:27:46 +0200

Loa,

It would help for you to mention the Routing Area's YANG coordination Wiki,
https://trac.tools.ietf.org/area/rtg/trac/wiki/RtgYangCoord .

In particular, prospective YANG draft authors in the routing area should
read this page, and then use the tables at
https://trac.tools.ietf.org/area/rtg/trac/wiki/RtgYangCoordSummary to see
if anyone has already written a YANG model of interest, it may keep you
from duplicating existing work. If you do write a new YANG model, it should
be enterered into the table so that other people will be aware of it.

This applies to all YANG models in the routing area, not just in the mpls
WG.

Cheers,
Andy

On Thu, Jul 23, 2015 at 1:51 PM, Loa Andersson <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> mpls mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls
>

---

From: Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2015 14:38:27 +0200

Andy,

You are correct...

However I forwarded the mail from David S and Qin Wu that were sent to
the routing-discuss mail list yesterday to the mpls wg.

I also sent a mail to the authors of the mpls yang models with the
instruction to the authors to fill in the list of yang models, so far
at least half of the author groups have done so,

This mail was a follow up (third in a suite) I didn't think that that
it would be necessary to repeat what should be done, this was about
who should do it.

/Loa

On 2015-07-23 14:27, Andrew G. Malis wrote:
> Loa,
>
> It would help for you to mention the Routing Area's YANG coordination
> Wiki, https://trac.tools.ietf.org/area/rtg/trac/wiki/RtgYangCoord .
>
> https://trac.tools.ietf.org/area/rtg/trac/wiki/RtgYangCoordSummary to
> see if anyone has already written a YANG model of interest, it may keep
> you from duplicating existing work. If you do write a new YANG model, it
> should be enterered into the table so that other people will be aware of it.
>
> This applies to all YANG models in the routing area, not just in the
> mpls WG.
>
> Cheers,
> Andy
>
>
> On Thu, Jul 23, 2015 at 1:51 PM, Loa Andersson <[email-masked]
> <mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:
>
>
>     [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>

---

From: David Sinicrope <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2015 07:24:44 +0000

Hi All, 
It wou... uh... 
what Andy said.

-Dave

> On Jul 23, 2015, at 14:31, Andrew G. Malis <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Loa,
> 
> It would help for you to mention the Routing Area's YANG coordination Wiki, https://trac.tools.ietf.org/area/rtg/trac/wiki/RtgYangCoord .
> 
> In particular, prospective YANG draft authors in the routing area should read this page, and then use the tables at https://trac.tools.ietf.org/area/rtg/trac/wiki/RtgYangCoordSummary to see if anyone has already written a YANG model of interest, it may keep you from duplicating existing work. If you do write a new YANG model, it should be enterered into the table so that other people will be aware of it.
> 
> This applies to all YANG models in the routing area, not just in the mpls WG.
> 
> Cheers,
> Andy
> 
>