Subject: [mpls] I-D Action: draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-relay-reply-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2015 08:13:03 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Relayed Echo Reply mechanism for LSP Ping
        Authors         : Jian Luo
                          Lizhong Jin
                          Thomas Nadeau
                          George Swallow
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-relay-reply-10.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2015-07-06

Abstract:
   In some inter autonomous system (AS) and inter-area deployment
   scenarios for RFC 4379 "Label Switched Path (LSP) Ping and
   Traceroute", a replying Label Switching Router (LSR) may not have the
   available route to an initiator, and the Echo Reply message sent to
   the initiator would be discarded resulting in false negatives or
   complete failure of operation of LSP Ping and Traceroute.  This
   document describes extensions to LSP Ping mechanism to enable the
   replying LSR to have the capability to relay the Echo Response by a
   set of routable intermediate nodes to the initiator.  This document
   updates RFC 4379.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-relay-reply/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-relay-reply-10

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-relay-reply-10

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/