Subject: [mpls] Early allocation of code points for draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-mrt

From: Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2015 12:51:27 +0800

Working Group,

We have made early allocations of 5 code points for draft-ietf-mpls-
ldp-mrt.

Please find them:

In the TLV Type Name Space (http://www.iana.org/assignments/ldp-namespaces):

0x050E	MRT Capability TLV (TEMPORARY - registered 2015-10-01, expires 
2016-10-01)	[draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-mrt]

In the Status Code Name Space 
(http://www.iana.org/assignments/ldp-namespaces):

0x00000034	0	MRT Capability negotiated without MT Capability (TEMPORARY 
- registered 2015-10-01, expires 2016-10-01)	[draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-mrt]

In the MPLS Multi-Topology Identifiers registry 
(http://www.iana.org/assignments/mpls-multi-topology-parameters):

3945	  Rainbow MRT MPLS MT-ID (TEMPORARY - registered 2015-10-01, 
expires 2016-10-01)	[draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-mrt]
3946	  Default Profile MRT-Red MPLS MT-ID (TEMPORARY - registered 
2015-10-01, expires 2016-10-01)	[draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-mrt]
3947	  Default Profile MRT-Blue MPLS MT-ID (TEMPORARY - registered 
2015-10-01, expires 2016-10-01)	[draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-mrt]

Tnx to IANA (Amanda in particular) and Deborah for taking quick actions
on this.

Note: As you can see we want to mark the code points in the range of
       3948-3995 in the Status Code Name Space:
       3948-3995      Unassigned (for future MRT-related values)

       WE are not sure if we can do this in an early allocation, IANA
       is looking into this.

/Loa

-- 

Loa Andersson                        email: [email-masked]
Senior MPLS Expert                          [email-masked]
Huawei Technologies (consultant)     phone: +46 739 81 21 64