Subject: [mpls] Spencer Dawkins' No Objection on draft-ietf-mpls-self-ping-05: (with COMMENT)

From: "Spencer Dawkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 09:57:21 -0700

Spencer Dawkins has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-mpls-self-ping-05: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-self-ping/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I was looking at 

   o  The UDP Destination Port MUST be lsp-self-ping (8503) [IANA.PORTS]
   
and wondering why this is a MUST. Is the answer that this mechanism works
within an administrative domain, so you can just tell the other end what
the port number needs to be?