Subject: [mpls] Kathleen Moriarty's No Objection on draft-ietf-mpls-self-ping-05: (with COMMENT)

From: "Kathleen Moriarty" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 11:20:32 -0700

Kathleen Moriarty has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-mpls-self-ping-05: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-self-ping/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I see that the Security Considerations section says,
  "operators SHOULD
   filter LSP Self-ping packets at network ingress points"

I think it would be helpful to have the draft explicitly state the scope
for this new function - within a single operator's network is my
assumption.  If that assumption is not correct, I may come back with more
questions.

There was also a suggestion made int he SecDir review that you may want
to consider:
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/search/?email_list=secdir