Subject: [mpls] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC3107 (4498)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2015 14:38:49 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC3107,
"Carrying Label Information in BGP-4".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=3107&eid=4498

--------------------------------------
Type: Technical
Reported by: Alexander Okonnikov <[email-masked]>

Section: 3

Original Text
-------------
   The label(s) specified for a particular route (and associated with
   its address prefix) must be assigned by the LSR which is identified
   by the value of the Next Hop attribute of the route.

   When a BGP speaker redistributes a route, the label(s) assigned to
   that route must not be changed (except by omission), unless the
   speaker changes the value of the Next Hop attribute of the route.

Corrected Text
--------------
   The label(s) specified for a particular route (and associated with
   its address prefix) must be assigned by the LSR which is identified
   by the value of the Network Address of Next Hop field of
   MP_REACH_NLRI attribute of the route.

   When a BGP speaker redistributes a route, the label(s) assigned to
   that route must not be changed (except by omission), unless the
   speaker changes the value of the Network Address of Next Hop field of
   MP_REACH_NLRI attribute of the route.

Notes
-----
Next Hop address for labeled routes is conveyed within MP_REACH_NLRI attribute.

Instructions:
-------------
This erratum is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC3107 (draft-ietf-mpls-bgp4-mpls-04)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Carrying Label Information in BGP-4
Publication Date    : May 2001
Author(s)           : Y. Rekhter, E. Rosen
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Multiprotocol Label Switching
Area                : Routing
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG