Subject: [mpls] Protocol Action: 'Label Switched Path (LSP) Ping/Traceroute Reply Mode Simplification' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-reply-mode-simple-05.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2015 14:57:03 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Label Switched Path (LSP) Ping/Traceroute Reply Mode Simplification'
  (draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-reply-mode-simple-05.txt) as Proposed
Standard

This document is the product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-reply-mode-simple/

Technical Summary

   The Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) Label Switched Path (LSP)
   Ping and Traceroute use the Reply Mode field to signal the method to
   be used in the MPLS echo reply.  This document updates the "Reply via
   Specified Path (5)" Reply Mode value to easily indicate the reverse
   LSP.  This document also adds an optional TLV which can carry ordered
   list of Reply Mode values.

Working Group Summary

  No controversy. The document has significant support.  

Document Quality

 RFC 7110 (which this document updates) is broadly implemented
  and widely deployed. Multiple vendors have indicated the intention
  to implement this enhancement. Experts from vendors and network
  operators have carefully reviewed the document. The document has
  been updated in response to last call (and other) comments.

   Personnel

   Who is the Document Shepherd for this document? Ross Callon
   Who is the Responsible Area Director? Deborah Brungard