Subject: [mpls] RFC 7737 on Label Switched Path (LSP) Ping and Traceroute Reply Mode Simplification

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2016 16:26:37 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7737

        Title:      Label Switched Path (LSP) Ping 
                    and Traceroute Reply Mode Simplification 
        Author:     N. Akiya, G. Swallow,
                    C. Pignataro, L. Andersson, M. Chen
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      17
        Characters: 35253
        Updates:    RFC 7110

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-reply-mode-simple-05.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7737

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7737

The Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) Label Switched Path (LSP)
Ping and Traceroute use the Reply Mode field to signal the method to
be used in the MPLS echo reply.  This document updates the procedures
for the "Reply via Specified Path" Reply Mode.  The value of this
Reply Mode is 5.  The update creates a simple way to indicate that
the reverse LSP should be used as the return path.  This document
also adds an optional TLV that can carry an ordered list of Reply
Mode values.

This document is a product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC