Subject: [mpls] RFC 7715 on Multipoint LDP (mLDP) Node Protection

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2016 11:02:21 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7715

        Title:      Multipoint LDP (mLDP) Node Protection 
        Author:     IJ. Wijnands, Ed.,
                    K. Raza,
                    A. Atlas,
                    J. Tantsura,
                    Q. Zhao
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      19
        Characters: 39353
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mpls-mldp-node-protection-08.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7715

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7715

This document describes procedures to support node protection for
Point-to-Multipoint and Multipoint-to-Multipoint Label Switched Paths
(P2MP and MP2MP LSPs) that have been built by the Multipoint Label
Distribution Protocol (mLDP).  In order to protect a node N, the
Point of Local Repair (PLR) Label Switching Router (LSR) of N must
learn the Merge Point (MPT) LSR(s) of node N such that traffic can be
redirected to them in case node N fails.  Redirecting the traffic
around the failed node N depends on existing Point-to-Point (P2P)
Label Switched Paths (LSPs).  The pre-established LSPs originate from
the PLR LSR and terminate on the MPT LSRs while bypassing LSR N.

This document is a product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC