Subject: [mpls] I-D Action: draft-ietf-mpls-entropy-lsp-ping-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2016 05:40:24 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Label Switched Path (LSP) and Pseudowire (PW) Ping/Trace over MPLS Network using Entropy Labels (EL)
        Authors         : Nobo Akiya
                          George Swallow
                          Carlos Pignataro
                          Andrew G. Malis
                          Sam Aldrin
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mpls-entropy-lsp-ping-02.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2016-01-04

Abstract:
   The Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) Label Switched Path (LSP)
   Ping and Traceroute are used to exercise specific paths of Equal-Cost
   Multipath (ECMP).  When LSP is signaled to use Entropy Label (EL)
   described in RFC 6790, the ability for LSP Ping and Traceroute
   operation to discover and exercise ECMP paths has been lost in
   scenarios which LSRs apply deviating load balance techniques.  One
   such scenario is when some LSRs apply EL based load balancing while
   other LSRs apply non-EL based load balancing (ex: IP).  Another
   scenario is when EL based LSP is stitched with another LSP which can
   be EL based or non-EL based.

   This document extends the MPLS LSP Ping and Traceroute mechanisms to
   restore the ability of exercising specific paths of ECMP over LSP
   which make use of the Entropy Label.  This document updates RFC 4379,
   RFC 6424, and RFC 6790.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-entropy-lsp-ping/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mpls-entropy-lsp-ping-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-mpls-entropy-lsp-ping-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/