Subject: [mpls] I-D Action: draft-ietf-mpls-rsvp-shared-labels-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2018 12:11:38 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Signaling RSVP-TE tunnels on a shared MPLS forwarding plane
        Authors         : Harish Sitaraman
                          Vishnu Pavan Beeram
                          Tejal Parikh
                          Tarek Saad
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mpls-rsvp-shared-labels-04.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2018-10-08

Abstract:
   As the scale of MPLS RSVP-TE networks has grown, so the number of
   Label Switched Paths (LSPs) supported by individual network elements
   has increased.  Various implementation recommendations have been
   proposed to manage the resulting increase in control plane state.

   However, those changes have had no effect on the number of labels
   that a transit Label Switching Router (LSR) has to support in the
   forwarding plane.  That number is governed by the number of LSPs
   transiting or terminated at the LSR and is directly related to the
   total LSP state in the control plane.

   This document defines a mechanism to prevent the maximum size of the
   label space limit on an LSR from being a constraint to control plane
   scaling on that node.  It introduces the notion of pre-installed 'per
   Traffic Engineering (TE) link labels' that can be shared by MPLS
   RSVP-TE LSPs that traverse these TE links.  This approach
   significantly reduces the forwarding plane state required to support
   a large number of LSPs.  This couples the feature benefits of the
   RSVP-TE control plane with the simplicity of the Segment Routing MPLS
   forwarding plane.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-rsvp-shared-labels/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mpls-rsvp-shared-labels-04
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-mpls-rsvp-shared-labels-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-mpls-rsvp-shared-labels-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/