Subject: [mpls] I-D Action: draft-ietf-mpls-base-yang-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2019 11:43:52 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching WG of the IETF.

        Title           : A YANG Data Model for MPLS Base
        Authors         : Tarek Saad
                          Kamran Raza
                          Rakesh Gandhi
                          Xufeng Liu
                          Vishnu Pavan Beeram
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mpls-base-yang-10.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2019-02-24

Abstract:
   This document contains a specification of the the MPLS base YANG
   model.  The MPLS base YANG model serves as a base framework for
   configuring and managing an MPLS switching subsystem on an MPLS-
   enabled router.  It is expected that other MPLS YANG models (e.g.
   MPLS LSP Static, LDP or RSVP-TE YANG models) will augment the MPLS
   base YANG model.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-base-yang/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mpls-base-yang-10
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-mpls-base-yang-10

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-mpls-base-yang-10

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: tom petch <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2019 10:51:01 +0000

I find the terminology in this I-D unfamiliar.  It talks of
     enum impose-and-forward {
     enum pop-impose-and-forward {
whereas, following RFC3031, I would expect push (and pop).

I also puzzled by
    leaf enabled {       type boolean;       description "
'true' if mpls encapsulation is enabled on the interface.
'false' if mpls encapsulation is enabled on the interface.";

I note a number of augments without any condition which means that they
will be added to everything which may be appropriate for mpls-enabled
but perhaps not for others.

And then there is the complete and utter absence of reference statements
in the description clauses which I think should have stopped adoption!

In passing, RFC8340 says that it should be an Informative Reference and
not a Normative one.

Tom Petch

----- Original Message -----
From: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Sunday, February 24, 2019 7:43 PM
Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-mpls-base-yang-10.txt

> _______________________________________________
> I-D-Announce mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
> Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
> or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt