Subject: [mpls] Last Call: <draft-ietf-mpls-sr-over-ip-02.txt> (SR-MPLS over IP) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2019 15:30:06 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Multiprotocol Label Switching WG
(mpls) to consider the following document: - 'SR-MPLS over IP'
  <draft-ietf-mpls-sr-over-ip-02.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2019-02-26. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   MPLS Segment Routing (SR-MPLS) is an MPLS data plane-based source
   routing paradigm in which the sender of a packet is allowed to
   partially or completely specify the route the packet takes through
   the network by imposing stacked MPLS labels on the packet.  SR-MPLS
   could be leveraged to realize a source routing mechanism across MPLS,
   IPv4, and IPv6 data planes by using an MPLS label stack as a source
   routing instruction set while preserving backward compatibility with
   SR-MPLS.

   This document describes how SR-MPLS capable routers and IP-only
   routers can seamlessly co-exist and interoperate through the use of
   SR-MPLS label stacks and IP encapsulation/tunneling such as MPLS-in-
   UDP as defined in RFC 7510.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-sr-over-ip/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-sr-over-ip/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/3210/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/3211/