Subject: [mpls] Last Call: <draft-ietf-mpls-sfc-encapsulation-02.txt> (MPLS Encapsulation For The SFC NSH) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2019 15:15:26 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Multiprotocol Label Switching WG
(mpls) to consider the following document: - 'MPLS Encapsulation For The SFC
NSH'
  <draft-ietf-mpls-sfc-encapsulation-02.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2019-02-26. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes how to use a Service Function Forwarder (SFF)
   Label (similar to a pseudowire label or VPN label) to indicate the
   presence of a Service Function Chaining (SFC) Network Service Header
   (NSH) between an MPLS label stack and the packet payload.  This
   allows SFC packets using the NSH to be forwarded between SFFs over an
   MPLS network, and to select one of multiple SFFs in the destination
   MPLS node.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-sfc-encapsulation/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-sfc-encapsulation/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.