Subject: [mpls] Protocol Action: 'Label Switched Path (LSP) Ping/Trace Multipath Support for Link Aggregation Group (LAG) Interfaces' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-lag-multipath-08.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2019 13:56:45 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Label Switched Path (LSP) Ping/Trace Multipath Support for Link
   Aggregation Group (LAG) Interfaces'
  (draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-lag-multipath-08.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Martin Vigoureux and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-lag-multipath/

Technical Summary

This document defines extensions to the MPLS Label Switched Path
(LSP) Ping and Traceroute mechanisms as specified in RFC 8029.  The
extensions allow the MPLS LSP Ping and Traceroute mechanisms to
discover and exercise specific paths of Layer 2 (L2) Equal-Cost
Multipath (ECMP) over Link Aggregation Group (LAG) interfaces.
Additionally, a mechanism is defined to enable determination of the
capabilities of an LSR supported.

Working Group Summary

 There was solid support for this document within the working group.

Document Quality

Yes, we know of implementations of this protocol.

Personnel

   Who is the Document Shepherd for this document?  Loa Andersson
   Who is the Responsible Area Director?  Deborah Brungard

RFC Editor Note

Section 3.1
it can send an MPLS each request message/s/it can send an MPLS echo request message
Section 3.2
When a responder LSR received/s/When a responder LSR receives