Subject: [mpls] Last Call: <draft-ietf-mpls-egress-protection-framework-05.txt> (MPLS Egress Protection Framework) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2019 14:32:26 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Multiprotocol Label Switching WG
(mpls) to consider the following document: - 'MPLS Egress Protection
Framework'
  <draft-ietf-mpls-egress-protection-framework-05.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2019-06-17. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies a fast reroute framework for protecting IP/
   MPLS services and MPLS transport tunnels against egress node and
   egress link failures.  For each type of egress failure, it defines
   the roles of point of local repair (PLR), protector, and backup
   egress router, and the procedures of establishing a bypass tunnel
   from a PLR to a protector.  It describes the behaviors of these
   routers in handling an egress failure, including local repair on the
   PLR, and context based forwarding on the protector.  The framework
   can be used to develop egress protection mechanisms to reduce traffic
   loss before global repair reacts to an egress failure and control
   plane protocols converge on the topology changes due to the egress
   failure.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-egress-protection-framework/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-egress-protection-framework/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/3120/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/3113/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2878/