Subject: [mpls] RFC 8596 on MPLS Transport Encapsulation for the Service Function Chaining (SFC) Network Service Header (NSH)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2019 13:50:01 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8596

        Title:      MPLS Transport Encapsulation for the 
                    Service Function Chaining (SFC) Network Service 
                    Header (NSH) 
        Author:     A. Malis,
                    S. Bryant,
                    J. Halpern,
                    W. Henderickx
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2019
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 18605
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mpls-sfc-encapsulation-04.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8596

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8596

   This document describes how to use a Service Function Forwarder (SFF)
   Label (similar to a pseudowire label or VPN label) to indicate the
   presence of a Service Function Chaining (SFC) Network Service Header
   (NSH) between an MPLS label stack and the packet original packet/
   frame.  This allows SFC packets using the NSH to be forwarded between
   SFFs over an MPLS network, and to select one of multiple SFFs in the
   destination MPLS node.

This document is a product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC