Subject: [mpls] Roman Danyliw's Discuss on draft-ietf-mpls-base-yang-15: (with DISCUSS and COMMENT)

From: Roman Danyliw via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2020 15:37:03 -0700

Roman Danyliw has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-mpls-base-yang-15: Discuss

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-base-yang/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
DISCUSS:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

** Section 11.  Thanks for enumerating the sensitive read operations.  It looks
like the sensitive writes aren’t described.  Wouldn’t it be a problem for
arbitrary writes to occur to /rt:routing/mpls/*?  I recommend using the
"template language" of "There are a number of data nodes defined in these YANG
modules that are writable/creatable/deletable ... These are the subtrees and
data nodes and their sensitivity/vulnerability:" to provide this easy fix.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the clear introduction of how this models was designed (Section 2.2
and 2.3) and builds on prior work.

Editorial nits:
-- Section 1.  Editorial.  There is a tool chain artifact which is leaving
“{!RFC8349}” in the text.

-- Section 2.3.  Typo. s/Adjecency/Adjacency/

-- Section 2.5. Typo. s/aaugmentation/augmentation/