Subject: [mpls] Last Call: <draft-ietf-mpls-sfl-framework-10.txt> (Synonymous Flow Label Framework) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2020 13:31:09 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Multiprotocol Label Switching WG
(mpls) to consider the following document: - 'Synonymous Flow Label Framework'
  <draft-ietf-mpls-sfl-framework-10.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2020-09-16. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   RFC 8372 (MPLS Flow Identification Considerations) describes the
   requirement for introducing flow identities within the MPLS
   architecture.  This document describes a method of accomplishing this
   by using a technique called Synonymous Flow Labels in which labels
   which mimic the behaviour of other labels provide the identification
   service.  These identifiers can be used to trigger per-flow
   operations on the packet at the receiving label switching router.

Note: This is a 2nd Last Call to reflect the status change from Informational to Proposed Standard as a result of comments received during Directorate reviews.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-sfl-framework/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2705/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2605/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2582/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2849/