Subject: [mpls] New revision of draft-ietf-mpls-spl-terminology

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2020 12:16:07 +0100

Hi WG,

This document attracted some sensible comments during IETF Last Call. The
authors agreed with the AD and chairs that the correct way to handle this
was to return the draft to the WG, make the fixes, and discuss to consensus
again.

This revision attempts to capture all the points from the comments raised,
but the threads were a little interleaved, so finding an exact resolution
was not easy. I have listed the changes made (and not made) below.

Please read and review.
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-spl-terminology/

Thanks,

Adrian

Changes in this version:

Marked as Proposed Standard

   Was Informational, but makes an update to 7274 which is Standards Track

Abstract

   - Note that this document changes the name of an IANA registry

   - Note that this document clarifies the use of the Entropy Label when 

      immediately preceded by the Extension Label

Introduction

   - Note that this document changes the name of an IANA registry

   - Note that this document clarifies the use of the Entropy Label when 

      immediately preceded by the Extension Label

Add new section 1.1

   The new section 4 includes BCP 14 language.

Section 3

   Clarify the text in the bullet points per Tom, Kireeti, and Stewart

Add new section 4

  Clarify the use of the Entropy Label 

IANA

   Change the wording slightly

Acknowledgements

  No need to acknowledge Stewart Bryant: he is listed as a Contributor.

   Add Tom Petch

Normative References

   Add RFC 2119 and RFC 8174

Minor typos

Changes not made:

There was some discussion of the use of the word "range". I have looked
through the current text and don't see any issues with what we have. If
anyone is concerned, could they please raise the issue again.