Subject: [mpls] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-mirsky-mpls-p2mp-bfd-11.txt

From: Greg Mirsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2020 12:14:32 -0700

Dear All,
a couple of updates in the new version to mention:

   - Gyan Mishra joined in the work as the co-author
   - changes of the destination IP address in the inner IP header:

OLD TEXT:
      destination IP address MUST be set to one of the loopback
      addresses from 127/8 range for IPv4 or to one of IPv4-mapped IPv4
      loopback addresses from ::ffff:127.0.0.0/104 range for IPv6.
NEW TEXT:
      destination IP address MUST be set to the loopback address
      127.0.0.1/32 for IPv4, or the loopback address ::1/128 for IPv6
      [RFC4291].

The reason for this update is not only a typo but more technical.
IPv4-mapped IPv6 loopback address range::ffff:127.0.0.0/104 has not the
same meaning in IPv6 as 127/8 range in IPv4. In fact, RFC 4291
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4291> in Section 2.5.3 defines a single
address::1/128 as the Loopback Address.

Always welcome your questions, comments, and suggestions.

And appreciate WG consideration of a WG AP.

Regards,
Greg

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, Oct 18, 2020 at 12:02 PM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-mirsky-mpls-p2mp-bfd-11.txt
To: Greg Mirsky <[email-masked]>, Gyan Mishra <
[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-mirsky-mpls-p2mp-bfd-11.txt
has been successfully submitted by Greg Mirsky and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-mirsky-mpls-p2mp-bfd
Revision:       11
Title:          BFD for Multipoint Networks over Point-to-Multi-Point MPLS
LSP
Document date:  2020-10-18
Group:          mpls
Pages:          10
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-mirsky-mpls-p2mp-bfd-11.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mirsky-mpls-p2mp-bfd/
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-mirsky-mpls-p2mp-bfd
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mirsky-mpls-p2mp-bfd-11
Diff:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-mirsky-mpls-p2mp-bfd-11

Abstract:
   This document describes procedures for using Bidirectional Forwarding
   Detection (BFD) for multipoint networks to detect data plane failures
   in Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) point-to-multipoint (p2mp)
   Label Switched Paths (LSPs) using active tails with unsolicited
   notifications mode.  It also describes the applicability of LSP Ping,
   as in-band, and the control plane, as out-band, solutions to
   bootstrap a BFD session in this environment.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat