Subject: Re: [mpls] Fwd: I-D Action: draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-registries-update-05.txt

From: tom petch <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2020 12:50:44 +0000

From: mpls <[email-masked]> on behalf of Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>
Sent: 23 October 2020 11:55

Workimg Group,

I have just posted version -05 of
draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-registries-update. This version addresses
(almost) all WGLC comments and should be ready to send to the IESG for
approval and publication.

<tp>

Loa

In 3.1.1, you reference Private Use TLVs.  AFAICT these do not exist

You still have one 37140

I see a contradiction between 3.1.1 and the subsequent tables.  3.1.1 seems clear that a RC 2 will be sent in response to TLVs in the range 31470-31473 but the tables fail to include that information for this range - they do for the other three ranges under 32768

Michelle was probably too polite to point out the incorrect spelling of her name!

Tom Petch

There is one comment on naming IANA registries that is not addressed, I
did not think this draft was the right place to address this issue.

I'm planning to post a new draft on this on Monday the latest.

/Loa

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-registries-update-05.txt
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2020 03:45:56 -0700
From: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
CC: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching WG of the
IETF.

         Title           : Updating the IANA MPLS LSP Ping Parameters
         Authors         : Loa Andersson
                           Mach Chen
                           Carlos Pignataro
                           Tarek Saad
        Filename        : draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-registries-update-05.txt
        Pages           : 33
        Date            : 2020-10-23

Abstract:
    This document updates RFC 8029 and RFC 8611 that both define IANA
    registries for MPLS LSP Ping.  It also updates the description of the
    procedures for the responses sent when an unknown or erroneous code
    point is found.  The updates are to clarify and align this name space
    with recent developments.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-registries-update/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-registries-update-05
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-registries-update-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-registries-update-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

--

Loa Andersson                        email: [email-masked]
Senior MPLS Expert                          [email-masked]
Bronze Dragon Consulting             phone: +46 739 81 21 64

_______________________________________________
mpls mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls