Subject: [mpls] Roman Danyliw's No Objection on draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-registries-update-08: (with COMMENT)

From: Roman Danyliw via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2021 12:21:23 -0800

Roman Danyliw has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-registries-update-08: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-registries-update/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for writing this clarifying document.

** Section 3.1.  Per “All TLVs and sub-TLVs in the range 32768-65535 may be
silently dropped, stepped over or an error message sent …”, is “stepped over”
the same as ignored?

** Section 3.1.1.
-- “If the unrecognized TLV and sub-TLV is from … a Return Code of 2 … must be
…”, should a normative MUST be used here?”

-- “If the unrecognized TLV and sub-TLV is from … the TLVs may be …”, should a
normative MAY be used here?

---

From: Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2021 16:19:02 +0800

Roman,

Inline pleas

> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-registries-update/

The rationale we had when writing this is that section 3 is descriptive, 
we describe the changes we want to make.

Sectin 6 (IANA considerations) is the specification, we specify what we 
want IANA to do. I believe that the normative language is correctly used 
in section 6.

/Loa

> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> mpls mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls
> 

-- 

Loa Andersson                        email: [email-masked]
Senior MPLS Expert                          [email-masked]
Bronze Dragon Consulting             phone: +46 739 81 21 64