Subject: [mpls] I-D Action: draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-registries-update-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2021 23:17:35 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Updating the IANA MPLS LSP Ping Parameters
        Authors         : Loa Andersson
                          Mach Chen
                          Carlos Pignataro
                          Tarek Saad
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-registries-update-09.txt
	Pages           : 37
	Date            : 2021-02-19

Abstract:
   This document updates RFC 8029 and RFC 8611 which both define IANA
   registries for MPLS Label Switched Path (LSP) Ping.  It also updates
   the description of the procedures for the responses sent when an
   unknown or erroneous code point is found.

   The updates are to clarify and align this namespace with recent
   developments, e.g. new RFCs using the new registration procedure
   terminology from RFC 8126 (e.g.  RFC 8611) instead of the terminology
   from the obsoleted RFC 5226.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-registries-update/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-registries-update-09
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-registries-update-09

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-registries-update-09

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2021 15:48:28 +0800

All,

I have posted version -09 of draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-registries-update, 
thise version addresses all comments from the IETF LC and the IESG 
review. Both discusses and Comments.

One thing I have not done is updating section "1.2.1. Terminology Used 
in this Document", the section is not a general terminology update and 
is clearly marked as valid for this document only. RFC 8126 is clear in 
what it says, but does not discuss registry hierarchies. I have an MPLS 
IANA registries in the pipe, once this one is closed. We could follow 
that one up with a generic IANA registries terminology if there are 
interest.

I believe that the Discusses can be cleared now.

/Loa

On 20/02/2021 15:17, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> I-D-Announce mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
> Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
> or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt
> 

-- 

Loa Andersson                        email: [email-masked]
Senior MPLS Expert                          [email-masked]
Bronze Dragon Consulting             phone: +46 739 81 21 64