Subject: [mpls] Early allocation of code points for draft-ietf-mpls-sr-epe-oam

From: Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 May 2021 09:56:11 +0200

Martin,

This is the process for early allocations of IANA codepoints as
described in RFC 7120. The comments preceded with (-) are mine
describing how the draft-ietf-mpls-sr-epe-oam meet the requirements for 
early allocation,

   1.  The authors (editors) of the document submit a request for early
       allocation to the Working Group chairs, specifying which code
       points require early allocation and to which document they should
       be assigned.

       - The document is stable and implementations are under way.

       - working group chairs are prepared to go ahead and request the
         earlly allocations.

   2.  The WG chairs determine whether the conditions for early
       allocations described in Section 2 are met, particularly
       conditions (c) and (d).

      - the working group chairs has reviewed the draft in the light
        of section 2 of RFC 7120.

      - the wg chairs are convinced that draft-ietf-mpls-sr-epe-oam meet
        all the criteria listed in section 2 of RFC 7120.

   3.  The WG chairs gauge whether there is consensus within the WG that
       early allocation is appropriate for the given document.

       - the wg chairs are convinced that there are consensus in the wg
         to go ahead and do the early allocation.

   4.  If steps 2) and 3) are satisfied, the WG chairs request approval
       from the Area Director(s).  The Area Director(s) may apply
       judgement to the request, especially if there is a risk of
       registry depletion.

       - This mail is the request according to step four in the process
         for early allocation according to the IANA section of
         draft-ietf-mpls-sr-epe-oam.

       - the mail is sent to Martin Vigoureux as responsible AD, with a
         copy to the the other rtg-ads.

       - we request support for early allocation of the codes as
         requested in IANA considerations sectio in
         draft-ietf-mpls-sr-epe-oam, i.e.:
         Three new Target FEC stack sub-TLVs from the "Sub-TLVs for TLV
         types 1,16 and 21" subregistry in the "TLVs" registry of the
         "Multi-Protocol Label switching (MPLS) Label Switched Paths
         (LSPs) Ping parameters" namespace.

         -- PeerAdj SID Sub-TLV : TBD1

         -- PeerNode SID Sub-TLV: TBD2

         -- PeerSet SID Sub-TLV : TBD3

       - we will wait for the response from the responsible AD before
         going ahead with step 5 in this process.

   5.  If the Area Directors approve step 4), the WG chairs request IANA
       to make an early allocation.

   6.  IANA makes an allocation from the appropriate registry, marking
       it as "Temporary", valid for a period of one year from the date
       of allocation.  The date of first allocation and the date of
       expiry are also recorded in the registry and made visible to the
       public.

/Loa
for the MPLS wg co-chairs.
-- 

Loa Andersson                        email: [email-masked]
Senior MPLS Expert                          [email-masked]
Bronze Dragon Consulting             phone: +46 739 81 21 64

---

From: Martin Vigoureux <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2021 09:31:26 +0200

Hello Loa,

thank you. I approve.

-m

---

From: Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2021 16:58:47 +0200

IANA,

The MPLS working group request early allocation of code points for 
draft-ietf-mpls-sr-epe-oam according to the description below.

If easible the three lowest free values should be allocated.

/Loa

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Re: Early allocation of code points for draft-ietf-mpls-sr-epe-oam
Resent-Date: Tue, 11 May 2021 00:32:10 -0700 (PDT)
Resent-From: [email-masked]
Resent-To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], 
[email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 May 2021 09:31:26 +0200
From: Martin Vigoureux <[email-masked]>
To: Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], Shraddha Hegde 
<[email-masked]>
CC: [email-masked] 
<[email-masked]>, [email-masked] 
<[email-masked]>, [email-masked] <[email-masked]>

Hello Loa,

thank you. I approve.

-m

--

---

From: "Sabrina Tanamal via RT" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2021 20:34:31 +0000

Hi all,

We've made the following early allocations in the the Sub-TLVs for TLV Types 1, 16, and 21 registry for draft-ietf-mpls-sr-epe-oam-03:

38	PeerAdj SID Sub-TLV (TEMPORARY - registered 2021-05-11, expires 2022-05-11)	[draft-ietf-mpls-sr-epe-oam-03]	
39	PeerNode SID Sub-TLV (TEMPORARY - registered 2021-05-11, expires 2022-05-11)	[draft-ietf-mpls-sr-epe-oam-03]	
40	PeerSet SID Sub-TLV (TEMPORARY - registered 2021-05-11, expires 2022-05-11)	[draft-ietf-mpls-sr-epe-oam-03]

Please see
https://www.iana.org/assignments/mpls-lsp-ping-parameters

If this document hasn't been approved for publication by May 2022, we'll contact you about approving a one-year renewal. Any further renewals would require IESG approval.

Best regards,

Sabrina Tanamal
Senior IANA Services Specialist

---

From: Shraddha Hegde <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2021 10:01:50 +0000

Thank you for the early allocation.
Looks good to me.

Rgds
Shraddha

Juniper Business Use Only

-----Original Message-----
From: Sabrina Tanamal via RT <[email-masked]> 
Sent: Wednesday, May 12, 2021 2:05 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [IANA #1196929] Fwd: Early allocation of code points for draft-ietf-mpls-sr-epe-oam (mpls-lsp-ping-parameters)

[External Email. Be cautious of content]

Hi all,

Please see
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.iana.org/assignments/mpls-lsp-ping-parameters__;!!NEt6yMaO-gk!W8MfFOiT94ax4g2rUKnWP-FIqqx91xJBagrvii_7g06L1kqrKj6bZ627gVScJ1Du$

Best regards,

Sabrina Tanamal

On Tue May 11 15:23:31 2021, [email-masked] wrote:
> > describing how the draft-ietf-mpls-sr-epe-oam meet the requirements 
> > for early allocation,
> >