Subject: [mpls] RFC 9041 on Updating the MPLS Label Switched Paths (LSPs) Ping Parameters IANA Registry

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2021 12:17:15 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9041

        Title:      Updating the MPLS Label Switched 
                    Paths (LSPs) Ping Parameters IANA Registry 
        Author:     L. Andersson,
                    M. Chen,
                    C. Pignataro,
                    T. Saad
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      31
        Updates:    RFC 8029, RFC 8611

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-registries-update-11.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9041

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9041

This document updates RFCs 8029 and 8611, both of which define IANA
registries for MPLS Label Switched Path (LSP) Ping. In particular,
the registration procedure "Private Use" (previously known as "Vendor
Private Use") has been changed to "First Come First Served" for the
TLV and sub-TLV registries. 

It also updates the description of the procedures for the responses
sent when an unknown or erroneous code point is found. The updates
are to clarify and align this namespace with recent developments,
e.g., aligning terminology with RFC 8126 instead of the now obsoleted
RFC 5226 (both titled "Guidelines for Writing an IANA Considerations
Section in RFCs").

This document is a product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC