Subject: [mpls] Liaison from the MPLS Working Group on Network Slicing Identifier scalability

From: Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2021 19:09:03 +0200

Dear 3GPP

We write to 3GPP to seek their advice on the required scaling of network 
slicing in underlay network applications.

MPLS is commonly used in a network to provide an underlay service to 
network layer protocols such as IP and to data link protocols such as 
Ethernet.

The IETF MPLS Working Group has received  proposals for methods 
Including a network slice identifier in an MPLS label stack to 
facilitate operation of MPLS in network slicing applications.

As part of evaluating the viability of such proposals we would find it 
useful to receive your thoughts on the number of concurrent slices that 
we should design to.

Loa Andersson
IETF MPLS working Group co-chair

For Response

-- 

Loa Andersson                        email: [email-masked]
Senior MPLS Expert                          [email-masked]
Bronze Dragon Consulting             phone: +46 739 81 21 64