Subject: [mpls] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-mirsky-mpls-p2mp-bfd-15.txt

From: Greg Mirsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2021 12:49:17 -0700

Dear All,
the new version includes updates that address comments from Shraddha and
Italo received as part of the MPLS-RT reviews.
Your comments, questions are always welcome and greatly appreciated.
With the updated draft, the authors ask for consideration of the WG AP.

Regards,
Greg (on behalf of the authors)

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, Sep 19, 2021 at 12:46 PM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-mirsky-mpls-p2mp-bfd-15.txt
To: <[email-masked]>, Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>, Greg
Mirsky <[email-masked]>, Gyan Mishra <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-mirsky-mpls-p2mp-bfd-15.txt
has been successfully submitted by Greg Mirsky and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-mirsky-mpls-p2mp-bfd
Revision:       15
Title:          BFD for Multipoint Networks over Point-to-Multi-Point MPLS
LSP
Document date:  2021-09-19
Group:          mpls
Pages:          11
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-mirsky-mpls-p2mp-bfd-15.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mirsky-mpls-p2mp-bfd/
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-mirsky-mpls-p2mp-bfd
Diff:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-mirsky-mpls-p2mp-bfd-15

Abstract:
   This document describes procedures for using Bidirectional Forwarding
   Detection (BFD) for multipoint networks to detect data plane failures
   in Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) point-to-multipoint (p2mp)
   Label Switched Paths (LSPs) and Segment Routing (SR) point-to-
   multipoint policies with SR-MPLS data plane.

   It also describes the applicability of LSP Ping, as in-band, and the
   control plane, as out-band, solutions to bootstrap a BFD session.

   It also describes the behavior of the active tail for head
   notification.

The IETF Secretariat