Subject: [Mtgvenue] Benoit Claise's Block on charter-ietf-mtgvenue-00-00: (with BLOCK)

From: "Benoit Claise" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2016 06:50:39 -0700

Benoit Claise has entered the following ballot position for
charter-ietf-mtgvenue-00-00: Block

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-mtgvenue/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
BLOCK:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

More of a needed clarification than a block. I'll move to Yes when
fixed.
I've been confused by those two pieces of text:
   Contributors from the IAOC meetings committee have produced an initial
version
   of a document that specifies the venue selection process and criteria

   2. An RFC that describes the detailed meeting venue selection process
and
   criteria. The starting point for this work is
   draft-baker-iaoc-venue-selection-process.

The former is draft-baker-iaoc-venue-selection-process, or a different
document?
Fred is not a IAOC member, as far I can tell:
https://iaoc.ietf.org/members.html. Hence my confusion.

Btw, editorial: draft-baker-iaoc-venue-selection-process =>
draft-baker-mtgvenue-iaoc-venue-selection-process

---

From: "Fred Baker (fred)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2016 17:30:52 +0000

Responding to your question regarding me. I am a member of the IAOC Meeting Committee, serving (as we all do) at the pleasure of the IAOC. And yes, it's draft-baker-mtgvenue-iaoc-venue-selection-process.

> On Jun 15, 2016, at 6:50 AM, Benoit Claise (bclaise) <[email-masked]> wrote:
>

---

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2016 20:50:00 +0200

Thanks Fred for the info.
The charter should anyway be improved to avoid the confusion.

Regards, B.

---

From: Lou Berger <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2016 21:41:37 -0400

Hi Benoit,

> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-mtgvenue/
seam document.

> https://iaoc.ietf.org/members.html. Hence my confusion.
The text reads "Contributors from the IAOC meetings committee", of which
all the authors (listed in the contributors section, including myself)
are members.  I'm also a member of the IAOC and one who is happy that
Fred volunteered to hold the editor's pen.  The IAOC as a whole has also
had opportunity to review and provide input to the draft (both before
and since BA).

Does this help?

Do you think additional clarification is needed in the charter to
clarify this point? if so can you suggest changes?

Thanks,
Lou

> _______________________________________________
> Mtgvenue mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mtgvenue
>

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2016 11:50:58 +0300

Thanks Benoit — I will change the text, and hope the new version will remove these issues.

Jari