Subject: [Mtgvenue] Key contracts

From: S Moonesamy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2016 05:43:10 -0700

Hello,

I am copying this message to John Klensin as he has raised the matter 
as an issue in the past and he made a related comment this week ( 
https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf/current/msg98903.html 
).  Adam Roach also made a comment about the matter ( 
https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/mtgvenue/current/msg00037.html 
).  The message is also copied to the MTGVENUE Working Group as there 
is currently a Call for adoption of a draft in which the matter is discussed.

The following is from RFC 4071:

   "In addition, key contract material and MOUs shall also be publicly
    available, subject to any reasonable confidentiality obligations
    approved by the IAOC."

Is it the opinion of the IETF Administrative Oversight Committee that 
hotel contracts are key contract material?

Regards,
S. Moonesamy

---

From: Lou Berger <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2016 10:01:15 -0400

> hotel contracts are key contract material?

Speaking as one IAOC member only:

IMO, yes it is key contract material.  The IAOC has had repeated
internal discussion on this specific question and currently support the
recommendation of the IETF's professional support staff that the
contracts need to remain confidential.  Some additional information that
goes into the contracts has been posted as a result of these
discussions, e.g.,
https://iaoc.ietf.org/documents/IETF-Meeting-Requirement-Overview-2016.pdf

This said, other organizations such as IEEE  do manage to post more
detailed information (see
https://www.ieee.org/conferences_events/conferences/organizers/conference_contracts.html)
and I hope that we, the IETF and IAOC, can continue the discussions to
move in that direction.

Again -- just my views as one IAOC member.

Lou
> Regards,
> S. Moonesamy
>
> _______________________________________________
> Mtgvenue mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mtgvenue
>

---

From: S Moonesamy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2016 08:30:25 -0700

Hi Lou,
>goes into the contracts has been posted as a result of these

Thanks for the quick reply.  I'll wait for the formal answer as I 
have been asked previously whether I had asked the appropriate body 
the question.  I'll err on the side of caution by not discussing the 
matter further in the MTGVENUE Working Group as it might be off-topic.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy