Subject: [Mtgvenue] Booting up

From: Melinda Shore <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2016 11:02:57 -0800

Hi, all, and welcome to our new working group.  A few notes:

As a general rule I feel quite strongly that the role of
working group chairs is to take care of the administrative
side of getting work done, and so I'll be staying out of
discussions of document content other than trying to keep
work on track, correct with respect to meeting requirements
for publication, and calling consensus when it's clear and
finding a way forward when it's not.  All of which is a windy
way of saying that I will generally not be expressing preferences
about document content other than structural issues, etc.

We will be getting a draft agenda posted before the deadline.
The obvious items will be the process document, the policy
document, and general administrivia.  We don't like to spend
meeting time on presentation of new material, so if someone
has something they'd like to address at the meeting, please
get the discussion started here, on the mailing list, in
advance of the meeting.

Also, if you're working on a document or other content (for
example, the IETF wiki), please send Jonne and me a heads-up.

We will be putting out a call for adoption of Fred's process
document in the next few days.  Please review it and let us
know if there's anything you feel needs addressing.  We think
it's in pretty good shape overall and may be able to go to
working group last call pretty quickly, so it really is important
to flag any issues you identify.  We expect that we'll be
putting out a call for adoption of Suresh's policy document
shortly after the meeting, as well.

Thanks,

Melinda