Subject: [Mtgvenue] comment for next version of venue-selection-process draft

From: Lou Berger <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2016 11:52:00 -0400

>From trying to apply the new process in
draft-baker-mtgvenue-iaoc-venue-selection-process-03 I see an ambiguity
in the current text that I think is fairly easy to clarify.  In
particular, I think there is some ambiguity on the transparency and
procedures around "Phase 2:  Community Consultation".  Here are the
changes I propose:

After the existing text:

     Community responses are reviewed and concerns investigated.

Add:

    The IAOC shall maintain a public web page that lists all
    target cities, when community input was solicited, and summarized
    review results.  Once review results are published the ...

The existing text then follows:

      ... IAOC provides a
      list of vetted cities to the Meetings Committee to pursue as
      potential meeting locations.

That's it.  Unless there are objections I'll work with Fred to get this
in the next rev of the draft.  (I expect this would be the -01 rev of
the WG draft...)

Thanks,
Lou