Subject: [Mtgvenue] 3 requirements labels

From: Dave Crocker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2016 15:16:09 +0900

Although there's more mailing list discussion to have on this topic's 
details, I'd like to get some initial reaction to the following 
candidate language, describing the basics of a 3-label model:

   <t hangText="Mandatory:  "><vspace />If this requirement cannot be
     met, a location under consideration is unacceptable. We walk
     away.</t>

   <t hangText="Important:  "><vspace />Does not qualify as Mandatory,
     but is still highly significant; can possibly be traded off against
     other Important considerations.</t>

   <t hangText="Desired:  "><vspace />We would very much like to meet
     this requirement, but the failure to meet it will not disqualify a
     venue.</t>

The middle one is of course likely to warrant the interesting 
discussion.  Please note that the text says the tradeoff is against 
other 'important' items.  (For reference, that's not a large set.)

How to do trading-off is a separate matter.  I'm not asking about it 
here.  Just the definitional language.

d/
-- 

   Dave Crocker
   Brandenburg InternetWorking
   bbiw.net